One Step at a Time - April 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K9, I'm loving Matt Stone at 180 degree Health. You can like him on Facebook. I'm eating more, not gaining weight.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Is it some sort of eating plan Sun? I really do love my juice, it's all fresh and natural and I make it every day. BUT...I can't do that forever...some have done it for 60-90 days but I am NOT doing that!!! No way, no how.
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

His book is called Eat for Heat. He teaches you how to increase your metabolism by reading your own body. It sounds like you are starving your body. You need to feed your body. It took me a lot of reading to understand his message, but I believe he does his homework research, and is really on to something.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I'm gonna look into it right now! I decided tomorrow I am going to have chicken, string cheese and a hard boiled egg for dinner. I need to ease back into it with something easy on the stomach.

Comment

You all are great.
            I'm fine.
            It's been a rough couple of days but I've navigated them... wait for it... without the help of alcohol. Luckily, I have a dear friend that I was able to call and say "I'm coming over." I paced his house, I ranted, he made me lunch, his dogs loved me and then I could breathe.
            I've never felt like this Weigh in, but I think it's hormonal. I was going to go off Antabuse but this new episode has made me realize that I still need it. I just do. It's an excellent tool to help me through the rough times that I have yet to encounter. So...
            everyday is another step at a time.
            :notes:
            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Nurdl, good to hear the positive news. Down time was always hard for me, when there was nothing that HAD to be done. Maybe that's how it is for you with the musical over. Plus birthdays are a mixed blessing as the years go by.

Comment

oh damn... the birthdays and my son turning 21! I realized that it really was not that important to celebrate with a drink. As I watched my husband's family getting totally trashed, I was ok. I could drive home. I was really good. It's better, but it takes a year to navigate the various events. I'm going to do it. I really am and I can see the path ahead. One Step...
                we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

you ROCK Nurdl!
                  You can see the difference, that is wonderful!
                  And a big congratulations on making a wise decision to go to the friends instead of the bottle shop.
                  You ARE doing this, keep it going!
                  BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

BHOG!!! YOU,wait, caps off. You made me cry. I am trying so hard. I won't lie. It's hard this first year but I am going to make it. I'm going to do this crazy thing. I will be AF. ok - go!!!

damn, will you all help me through the $100/bottle french champagne challenge for my auntie's 90th birthday party, damn... It's imported. Breathing. it's going to be amazing. I can't. damn. I won't . I just won't. xoxoxo
                    ok, ginger ale and seltzer will look the same. It's a challenge.

Comment

YES...of course we will help you Nurdl!!! :l

OK so Mama hasn't even logged on today...should we worry yet, or give her ONE day to herself?

Comment

looking for the fuck thread... need it

Comment

You can just rant here Nurdl!!! We're all wearing our big girl britches today...especially BHOG.

But here you go:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/a-107-42370.html

Comment

ok... fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCKKKKK... not done yet but I have to cook dinner... fuck and FUCK. What a great word. Will you all be here when I check back? Now I feel stupid but much better, lol.

Comment

Hi friends - I had some sleep last night and I'm feeling a bit more human and able to cope with things today. I carried all your virtual hugs around with me yesterday and that helped me a lot.

We can help you Nurdl - when is the party?
                              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

K9Lover;1493591 wrote: YES...of course we will help you Nurdl!!! :l

OK so Mama hasn't even logged on today...should we worry yet, or give her ONE day to herself?
                                If you haven't already, I think you should send her a text. Just a few days ago she was talking about drinking and she's been so upset about the Boston bombings. I'm worried.

Comment

Working...
                                X