One Step at a Time - April 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K9-bosses don't laugh, unless they are riding roughshod over you. so if this person is laughing, you can be SURE someone it getting it bad.
    BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Well that's comforting BHOG! LOL

Seriously, 2 years ago she was a meager secretary like I am, now she's the City Clerk and has no idea how to even BE a boss! She's very threatened that I will learn her job.....given the fact that she won't teach me anything, I don't see that happening. I think I'll just move into the Mayors office and fan him and feed him grapes. LOL
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Images in my mind...resulting in mayor in front of a jury...our lovely K9 being a witness. City offices closed due to scandal.
        I'll be there as a reporter! Haven't been involved in a scandal since high school!
        This could be fun, K9!
        BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

BHOG...you are bad!!
          I am a boss and I laugh alot......most days....MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama Bear, I am not bad; I am a realist. With my eyes wide open, I see the naked emperor, he firghtens me not.
            And when I see a shovel, I call it a shovel. When I see government, I call it bullsh*t.
            See how that works? LOL
            BHOG

Comment

I really want to chew something for lunch today...and NOT the Mayors pickle...thank you very much Mama! :H

I am halfway through this nightmare 3 day juice fast...the thing is I am SO stubborn that I will not quit even if it kills me, which it might!!

Comment

I chew ice all day long....try that
                worrying about Nora too

Comment

Venting!

Dammit, why can't I get it, do it, stick with it, find it??? I drank a bottle of wine last night, yes a whole damn bottle, and I feel the usual feelings. I am so frustrated with myself.

One of my main triggers is being in situations I don't want to be in, like last night. Family over for dinner, after a trying weekend, I don't like to cook, blah, blah, so I drank. I thought SIL and I would share a bottle, and I'd be safe, but she shows up with two bottles! This after I had just told my brother the day before about Campral, antabuse, etc. Damn it all to hell.

I'm scared, really scared that I can't do this. I'm going back on low dose of Campral tomorrow, regardless of the fact that it makes me depressed. At least I won't have the cravings that I can't seem to master. I see my doc next Monday & I'll see what he says.

Thanks for listening.
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

:lJuja,
                    I am sorry you are struggling. Good for you coming up with a short term plan.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Juja
                      we are here when you are ready....we'll get you through this.
                      It's really hard to stop, and something has to click to make it happen.
                      I will say extra prayers for you tonight
                      Chicken pot pie in the oven.....yum!
                      Some of hubs fraternity brothers are in town tomorrow night and want to meet for dinner...they are all heavy drinkers and I will probably bail. It will be hard to sit there and watch them.

Comment

:l Juja :l I completely understand. I am going through the same thing with smoking right now, I don't want to do it, I don't even like it...yet I do it! I, too, am going to the doctor on Monday. Last time I went I was smoke free 55 days and she was so happy. Now I have to tuck in my tail and tell her I'm still struggling! I am open to any of her suggestions. Do the same with your doctor...I know we can BOTH do this!!! :h

Mama - Dang you and all your delicious food! I have one more excruciating day of juicing!! I went home at lunch and marinated some chicken that I will put in the crockpot tomorrow night so it will be perfectly done on Thursday!! ARRGGGGG... enjoy your dinner BIIAATTCHHH...love you :h LOL

Comment

Thanks everyone. Your support means the world. I'm glad I could come here, tell the truth, and not get blasted.

On the bright side, I did have 18 AF days in March, that's more than half the month. Not too shabby for this old girl.

Tomorrow will be better.

Everyone have a good evening.

P.S. It's cold here!
                          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Well there is justice after all, just found out that my "control" freak manager was just let go by my company, now don't get me wrong I never want to see anyone loose their job as Karma can be a pain in the you know where but i did smile even if it was just a twitch... :-)
                            Hope everyone stays strong and we all continue to support one and another as I sure do appreciate it.
                            On that note goodnight all my friends.
                            FT
                            AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                            As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Hi all......sorry to be missing.....the kids go home tomorrow. Classes for yoga started up again today. I needed that. I'm going to try to get back to regular posting. I need to do that.
                              Juja - believe me I understand. Completely. I have been doing awful! But, we need to just keep working at it. 18 days in March! That's great. :h

Bed time.....got to try to get the kids settled down.
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning all, a beautiful day and again that coffee hit the spot.
                                Time to make that list of stuff I would like for my significant other (no not married - my vette LOL) and look for good prices and place some orders.
                                Hope everyone has a great day.
                                FT
                                AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                                As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Working...
                                X