Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - April 2013

Hi Friends!

Zennie and Nora - My face feels all swollen today too and my eyes are watering. I have never had allergies before either, so yeah, the JOYS of aging! Plus I can't seem to wake up!! Zen - I quit smoking again too, you're ahead of me though, today is day one for me (for the millionth time). I'm only "announcing" it here though, I've started over so many times it's getting a bit old. LOL

Juja - I agree with Mama, just SIT DOWN and give yourself some time. All that other stuff is always going to be there anyways, so who cares if you skip a day or two? The two things I stay on top of are laundry and keeping the kitchen clean. The rest can pretty much crumble for all I care....LOL...ok maybe not that bad, but I don't freak out if there's dust on the floor, because there always WILL be. So take a load off lady! :H
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi K9!
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Sun! Glad to see you!

All this talk of FB...I am a little leery to post anything there too. I guess I should have my daughter set up my privacy settings for me. LOL

Comment

ok...monster long post just lost.....darn it
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I hate it when that happens!
            BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Ok K9...time to put you to shame
              I just baked fish and potato cassrole AND made chocolate lasagna for a bake sale at work tomorrow. Nanny Nanny boo boo
              Crap day at work, so I came home and got lost in the kitchen for awhile. I have quit drinking, but I may start going to the gun range!!!! JK....

Comment

Mama, maybe a punching bag??? Guns sound a little drastic...
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Yippee, get to head home Friday.
                  Early completion of job and next plane delayed..
                  FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Way behind here.

Going out of town with 3 old friends for the weekend. Girls only. Could be a Thelma and Louise weekend, but I have to wait til I get there to get to the real Louise.

K-9, can't let house crap build up. OCD in residence, except for this weekend. Yahoo! Hubs is on his own. He doesn't care, and will be happy to breathe, I'm sure. I ask very little of him, yet I'm always busy, busy.

Lost 3 lbs due to Campral and no AL. But it's not working tonight, sorry to say. Forgive me, please. AB on my to-do list.

Tonight, siblings and I were discussing how we're going to tell our father, an ex marine, WWII vet, he must go to asst'd living. We can't handle the worry anymore, plus he's depressed, messing with his meds, and can't do anything. This is so hard.... Any advice?

Don't know what's going with you folks, and will check in tomorrow--maybe.

Juja:h
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Juja-
                      This can be a very trying time for you and your siblings. Be sure you take the time to choose the assisted living center well, check past history, police and fire department complaints, boarde of health and Human Services.
                      It took my brother, sister, and I about 2 months to find the best one for our mom.
                      My thoughts and prayers are with you on this one.
                      Stay Strong!
                      BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Hi Guys and Gals!

Juja - Sorry for what you're going through...:l:l

Mama - Well dang you really did put me to shame! I will sheepishly admit that I haven't made a REAL meal in weeks. I make sure my daughter is set, but I have only been having my juice for dinner. Tonight I am going to a concert and we are going to a buffet before it starts (gulp) and I'm already dreading it. Then tomorrow I am going with 2 friends to dinner and a play (Mexican food, gulp again)...I have to be strong, I have come too far to blow it on a buffet and a burrito. LOL

Comment

Juja...I have no advice for you sweetie, but lots og hugs
                          Corporate honchos gone, now I can relx and take these damn heels off......
                          Bake Sale to raise money for The National Kidney Foundation is going well!!!!
                          Chocolate lasagna is a big hit!!!

Comment

Chocolate Lasagna...sounds interesting.
                            And you have to wear heels around the corporate stuffed shirts? Work is done by the brain, not by the shoes.
                            You can tell them I said that.
                            BHOG

Comment

Since I deal with the public, I am expected to dress professionally.....but I wear sandals and flats...cause my legs and feet ache!!

Comment

If my feet hurt, I feel crabby. That probably wouldn't make a good impression on anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X