Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - April 2013

Mama :l

Yes...depression does SUCK!!! I was in a funk for a good long while recently. I'm fortunate that it did pass, so I don't really have any tips. I just hope you feel better quick!!! :h
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

since I am 52, it could be hormonal, but since I am a breast cancer survivor, I cannot get hormone therapy. Evidently, estrogen is a fuel for the re-occurance of cancer.
      Hubs and I just had a long talk, and he reminded me of all the things I have to be thankful for. I AM thankful, but some days my brain refuses to listen.
      So - after I eat dinner, (roast chicken and risotto) (that was for you K9), I will take my meds and get lost in a Netflix movie about puppies and kittens!
      When this wet blanket hangs over me, I know what it is and it usually lifts in a day or so. If not, off to the doctor I go!
      Life is just a rut sometimes, and we have to dig out of it. And, thank heavens I now know, booze does not help.
      This first hit me really hard in my late 20's and I have been on meds forever.
      And yes, BHOG, I have used AL to self medicate many, many times.
      Thanks for listening friends. Others here have it so much worse than me.
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I also think my assistant giving notice and the thought of having to hire and train and TRUST someone new is biting me in the butt........

Comment

You have a great attitude Mama! I'm sure this will lift soon!
          Drinking KEPT me in a continual state of depression and I didn't even realize it at the time.
          I also didn't realize how BAD I felt physically until my body actually started healing!
          Oh, and thanks for the recap of dinner....I'm having spinach, banana, pear, blueberries and protein powder. Now ain't that appetizin??

Comment

not one wee little bit K9....I am a carnivore and need my meat!!!

Comment

Hi gang,
              Another beautiful day here in central fla, spent time dealing with my laptop that somehow got infected during my last trip to Miami - well glad it was the computer not me :-). Just can't be too careful beit your laptop or well your lap...
              Cleaned up around the house a little ( ok very little ) made a list of some stuff that I can afford to order for my restoration project (my vette) now to order them tomorrow.
              Now relaxing getting ready to watch a little tv and probably call it a early day.
              The depression side does kick in on me at times but this is where I reach in and give my little sister a call and she always has a knack for getting me to the up side of things. I do my best to not allow it lower myself to flip that cap or reach for that nicotine stick, no it is not easy and has at times made me a very pissed off person to be around. But I will keep going one day at a time and with all you great supporters around here I can't go wrong
              Hope everyone hangs in there
              FT
              AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
              As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

you know we are here for you FT...even we are a sad bunch some days.
                It's cool that you are restoring a vette. My hubs is a car guy and would love a restoration project.

Comment

Morning.....yawn...up with the chickens

Comment

Good morning all, ahh the taste of fresh coffee.
                    FT
                    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

One step at a time! I have a quandary. Today is my birthday - yay me! Here is my quandary though and it didn't hit me until now. Every year since I guess college (which of course was just last year, lol) I celebrate myself with a glass of champagne. This usually happens at 2:33pm, the minute some nurse decided to call the time. Just one glass but a toast to me by myself.
                      Well what the hell do I do this year??? I need a new tradition! I may go to the Newbies with this one and get them involved. So any ideas friends?
                      :notes:
                      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Have a glass of sparkling cider Nurdl!!
                        HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Comment

Soda and cranberrry juice, in a flute, or in a slipper
                          BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Nurdl, anything af that sparkles.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Happy BDAY Nurdl! (My, you're a young'un aint ya? lol)
                              Have a cupcake at 2:30...or go get a manicure/pedicure...anything that you like to do! You don't need that champage, you are marvelous without it!

FT - Yep, we are here for ya! We do get "down" sometimes but we're only human, at least we have each other!

Mama - I hope you enjoyed your meat last night...I get to eat real food on Thursday! I wish I could be your assistant...that would be a blast...BUT I also know how to get the job done too!

I hope Nora is doing okay :l:l

Comment

Why does the sound of my boss laughing drive me up the friggin' wall? She sounds like an old man wheezing. I just can't pinpoint why I don't like her, on the surface she seems nice, but I sense a dark side!

Comment

Working...
                                X