Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - April 2013

Sunbeam;1488860 wrote:

Nora, I agree with you that one needs to do whatever it takes to stop drinking, then think about the cause later. I think some people could spend their whole lives pointing at different causes or reasons. I think I had no good reasons at all! So I've stopped, and you will too when you are ready. You have come so far, don't ever lose sight of that.
    THANK YOU!!!! I needed to hear that.:l
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning all

Juja - the trouble with being in Oz is that while you're all enjoying the last bit of your weekend, it's Monday morning here and I'm getting ready for work :upset:

Nora - vent away and keep doing whatever works to help you stay sober. Working out why we drink is all well and good in the long term, but I love the firefighting analogy. When a fire crew arrives at a fire, they don't sit around analysing why it started, they do whatever it takes to put the damn thing out. There's plenty of time to do the soul searching later, so if AB is putting your fire out for now then keep taking it! :l

Traveller, I'm so glad to hear about your lovely mornings!

Sunbeam I'm jealous you have spring in your garden ahead of you. We're starting to get a few mornings with a bit of a chill in the air here so it looks like autumn is on its way.

Mama - where are you? We haven't heard from you since you said you were off to watch vampires. Should we be worried? :H
      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hello Friends,

Work has kept me away but tax season is almost over and I wanted to check in. It's been stressful and I allowed AL to be reintroduced in my life but Nora we can get this thing out. We both know life is so much better without this than with it. All tools Honey.
        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

allswell;1488881 wrote: Hello Friends,

Work has kept me away but tax season is almost over and I wanted to check in. It's been stressful and I allowed AL to be reintroduced in my life but Nora we can get this thing out. We both know life is so much better without this than with it. All tools Honey.
          Hi, allswell, good to se you.

We'll ALL make it! All of us. Hear that Glass, Nora, and anyone one else having her ups and downs?
          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Thanks so much Juja :h

Yep - you're right, we CAN do it. I just have to get some things through my big fat head.

Comment

Always! Boy did I dearly want a glass of wine this weekend. Sometimes it seems so unfair, but as the thread goes so shall we... One Step at a Time.
              :notes:
              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Nora good for you with the anatabuse. I'm not sure what the issues reference is about ( I just don't have enough time to read as I would like). I've been on it since September. It works. End of story. When I get in a bind my one is that I'm on medication that does not react we'll with alcohol... And it doesn't! "They" don't need to know what it is. Keep rocking it girl!
                :yougo::yougo::yougo:
                :notes:
                we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Hello all...hubby and son just left to go see my FIL. Guess I don't have an excuse to be late for work today. Ha ha.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I AM HERE!!!!!!
                    just busy weekend and with the site acting so weird I just didn't check in
                    nothing to worry about, I promise
                    I HAVE been thinking about how nice some wine would be, but I keep thinking of all the trouble it caused me, so I have stayed clear
                    Juja and Nora ....I pray for you every night.....and now I will add Allswell too.:h
                    Life, for me, is so much better without AL. May be a little boring at times, but so much better.
                    I just had lunch with a dear friend who told me he was so happy I was off the self destructive path I was on......I never thought of it that way.......hmmmmmm
                    kisses to all
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

and Glass....prayers and hugs for you too sweetie!

Comment

Nora and Glass,someone here said this today, and I thought of our conversation yesterday: " Just quit. Don't think, just do. God will help."
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks Sunbeam.

For today I'm "just doing" and that's all I can do. A very little step at a time.

And thanks for the prayers Mama.

I haven't been able to get onto the site since last night and I thought it was down again, but maybe it was just me. All my other interwebs were working though.

Comment

A quick hello before power is turned off for tree trimming.

Love to all!
                            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

MWO was crazty again Glass
                              Sun - I like that....Just quit. Don't think. Just do. Harder than it sounds but it is a good mantra.
                              Hi Juja......
                              I am alone today at work so it will be crazy and I will be grouch....fair warning
                              and prayers were said last night for all of you:l

Comment

Hey, Mama bear-
                                I can be a grouch at work even if others are present.
                                I am an equal opportunity (fill in the blank)
                                And sun, that is a GREAT thought!
                                BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Working...
                                X