Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - April 2013

Nora,
    I will be home after 6:30 tonight if you want to talk.
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Siren...AB works and is not to be played with
      K9 will be here in a bit and praise it for you
      I took it briefly and if I drank ONE beer, my face turned red and I was short of breath...my family could always tell..
      Nora, I am here, too...and I will text you. I hope my tough love doesn't upset you too bad
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Nora - So good to see you. I know you are going through a truly crappy time right now, but YOU know and WE know that alcohol will only make it worse. It won't change anything except how you feel, and not in a good way! Why would you want to deal with all this and have a hangover on top of it? I know you don't. Please just TTDP and do NOT risk drinking on it. I wanted to DIE when I was stupid enough to try that. I swear I thought I was going to. I probably should have gone to the hospital but honestly I would have been embarrassed to tell them what I had done, especially since I KNOW better. Stupid is as stupid does...and I was STUPID for even testing the AB/AL combo. So Siren, please DO NOT even test drinking on Antabuse...you will feel a sickness you have never felt before. Think food poisoning/stomach flu x 1,000!!!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

OMGEEEE...just wrote the report from hell.....took all day!!
          My eyeballs are sore!

Comment

I have a friend in Watertown, Massachusetts. He's been posting updates on Facebook all day. Pretty scary.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Oh no Sun!!
              are they any closer to finding that kid??
              just in and sipping Coca Cola....tummy still a bit floppy
              Nora..please check in and don't be mad at me

Comment

They might have shot at a guy hiding under a boat cover. Helicopters getting lower as dusk approaches.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I'll be back on Campral tomorrow--depression or not. Might be nice to lie on the couch and not care about anything.

To ask the dr for AB or order it online? What a conundrum. Why should I care about insurance companies? I suppose it's because it's about them, and not about me, which it should be. Privacy and all.

I'm tired of this, but I'm getting a lot done.
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Good morning everyone. Cool, windy, and beautiful here.
                    Mama, I'm going to iron today. Want me to come and do yours? Are you feeling some better today?

Comment

please do Juja!!!
                      I am feeling better, but symptoms linger and hubs just made a mad dash to the bathroom....not a good sign
                      It's nice and cool here too

Comment

Juja-Mrs BHOG is packaging up the weeks ironing. should be there in two hours. I like a firm crease in my slacks, please.
                        Boston- I have heard so crap on this I can't stand it. NO I am not talking about the actual news, just the tired old bullshit frrom the talking heads and RW birds.
                        Mama-please stay close to the bathroom.
                        BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Sorry, BHOG, since you're not sick, I can't offer my services.:H Haven't done mine yet--tired of doing stuff, and took a nap instead.

Oh, Mama. Poor hubs.

Doing the "Campral slide." I'll be less active tonight.

Comment

everyone is the house is sick....ugh

Comment

Swish, swish, swish.... that's your washing machine going full speed, Mama. Good luck. I don't know what else to say.:l

Comment

I think I may stay away with everyone getting sick, my son is now with me but he's in bed sick.
                                Hope everyone feels better.
                                FT
                                AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                                As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Working...
                                X