What wins have you had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What wins have you had

It's time for a win forum, I keep reading like many of us that have good and bad times but what about your wins ?? When you did well did not drink ?? Pls lets also celebrate are wins as well

Here's mine don't drink every day drink less days than I do, back at training and feeling good most of the time xx

What wins have you had

Hi Maddie...what a lovely positive thread...

Wins for me: patience, smiling more, following through on my dreams and feeling physically well.

Comment

What wins have you had

Hey Maddie lotsa losses ..and so called wins ..well some but like happy ....in the mind ..if ya happy in that space ..it has no wins or losses just quite blissful peace... I reckon

Above all enjoy your sobriety it's fun and peaceful a positive space to be constantly enjoyed ...Lapp it up

Comment

What wins have you had

Hey Maddie

Good idea--

My wins--no blackouts, no hangovers, no shame, no guilt, no remorse, no gut-wrenching dread about what I've done.
        No missed phone calls-too drunk to answer.

More music playing, more jewelry making, more exercise, WAY more clarity of thought,
        more early mornings followed by productive days.

112 days of jot

Comment

What wins have you had

HAHAHA

I meant JOY though I do like some jot LOL!!

Comment

What wins have you had

Eating healthy and working out.

Most of all, being there...REALLY being there for my daughter, every day!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

What wins have you had

Wins- the love of my wife, my children and grandchildren. The ability to wake up in the morning and not be hung over, to be able to go to work with a clear head and work well.
              Not hiding my drinking.
              Not needing excuses.
              More will come to me, I am sure.
              BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

What wins have you had

Taking up the cello
                I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

What wins have you had

The biggest win for me is to wake up every morning and not having to drink alcohol. That leaves me with lots of time to enjoy life instead of filling myself with poison.
                  Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

What wins have you had

Amen, Hippy!
                    BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

What wins have you had

Hey Sober-who were you talking to?

Comment

What wins have you had

pingu1997;1486262 wrote: Taking up the cello
                        I am taking up piano which is one of my wins. Maybe we could do a duet one day! :egad:

Great thread Maddie!

Other wins besides piano, which I definitely had no time/interest for when my focus was on booze day and night:

* Greatly improved relationship with hubby and rarely a disagreement much less a "fight"
                        * Making goals and accomplishing them instead of making fantasies while drunk and forgetting about them.
                        * I'm a much happier sober person than I was drunk. MUCH.
                        * I have a life. Really. Nothing like being in AL prison every day.
                        * No worries about being arrested or killing someone while driving - I'm a WINNER on the road!
                        * Going back to college at 55 years old, loving it, and no end to it in sight!
                        * I'm working on becoming a more mature person in my thoughts and deeds and sometimes it's still a battle but I'm winning more and more all the time!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

What wins have you had

inner peace!

:h
                          10-06-2012

Comment

What wins have you had

DG-
                            "I'm a much happier sober person than I was drunk. MUCH."
                            This was the first thing my wife said, also my grandaughters wanted to know why I was in such a good mood.
                            That should have told me something. When a 5 & 9 year old can tell the mood change, maybe an old man should listen to them. (I did, this was 5 years ago.)
                            BHOG

Comment

What wins have you had

My overall win, like k9 is being a present, lucid and involved mother to my kids. Also the physical ones such as no nausea, bloated face, headaches, aching kidneys! Not to mention depression, anxiety, remorse, guilt etc etc etc...... When I write it down to drinking, looks like such a non braner ;0)
                              AF since 2nd Oct 2012
                              Day by day

Comment

Working...
                              X