What wins have you had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What wins have you had

Yeah, Mootsbill, ink and paper does have a sobering effect, doesn't it?
    BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

What wins have you had

My wins so far (the list will only get longer the more time goes by without AL)-

-I'm happy! I wake up looking forward to a new day. Grateful for the life I have.
      -Present for my daughter and husband.
      -No more hiding AL.
      -No more headaches, feeling sluggish, tired half the time.
      -No more guilt. The guilt was overwhelming toward the end. Guilt and shame have to be 2 of the worst emotions that eat at our well being.
      -No more alternating corner stores for wine- I was so tired of the physical act of stopping at and going in the same places buying my vice of choice, but did it anyway, because I "thought" I had to.

The list goes on and on!
      AF since 3/12/13.

Completed over a year AF and fell off the wagon.
      Back to it, new day 1= 7/1/14

I'm on my way.

Comment

What wins have you had

Rediscovering and being me...the good, intuitive and intelligent that has always been the natural me. Not a self, parental, schooling, governmental, religious, tv/hollywood image imposed me. Remembering things I did naturally as a youngun and embracing that. If that makes sense....does to me...so dat's all that counts.
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
        X