Wish me luck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish me luck...

Today is day 3 AF for me (I hope). Day 3 seems to be the time I weaken, but today I am determined not to. Just wanted to post before I begin my day to help give me some resolve. I'm off to work now so the hard work of keeping my mind on other things will come about ten hours from now. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Julie

Wish me luck...

good luck julie

Get a plan for after work set up.. it has to fill the gap to get through this tough time somehow.

dont weaken..set up an hour by houtr plan until bed time then crash into bed satisfied day 3 has been achieved??

i was crazy around day 3...sat in a bubble bath until my skin shrank...reading a book.

get the wok out and cook healthy

have a face pack..paint your nails, garden walk read ...anything that is distracting and feels healthy.

I found it worked if i kept to my plan of activity at my "danger zone"9 -11pm for me.

as women we have plent yo cleanse, wax, pluck ,..it cantake hours..thent here is the fake tan to do as the summer is almost here .

Get a new image..chuck the crap clothes and old make up( do this stuff in your "bewitching time zone"you will wake up tomorrow feeling ready for DAY 4...go girl we are here to support you.

In a different time zone to you...off to collect the grandaughter from school..on a day off from work supposed to be writing degree essay!!Then keep fit class and bubbly batha nd dinner with hubby...both SOBER!!
    Maybe a little Tv and off to bed for a SOBER cuddle...i do love that word SOBER ..its been elusive to me for a long time.
    Day 37 julie and believe me I have no willpower ..just taken and given as much support as i can from this site. Kept up the praying and spiritual reading. Accountability to God , this site, hubby and a friend has sustained me to get to this wonderful day.

Rock on julie girl...you can do it

regards Cassy

Comment

Wish me luck...

I agree with cassy - find something to do to occupy yourself. Also, if you find you can't go to sleep for whatever reason, I'm a big fan of cammomile tea to relax me. Just think about how proud of yourself you'll feel when you wake up not hungover tomorrow!

THere's always the avenue of posting LOADS on the MWO boards... if you find yourself weakening I's bet there will be lots of people to help you out!

Good luck - Let us know how it goes!

:groupluv:

Noella

Comment

Wish me luck...

right on Julie! day 3 is an important day, you can do this in style
        lots of L-glutamine powder (12+ grams per day if you need to throughout the day)
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Wish me luck...

bonne chance!
          καλή τύχη!
          buona fortuna!
          boa sorte!
          хорошее везение!
          buena suerte!
          goed geluk!

Good Luck!

Comment

Wish me luck...

You can do it Julie!!!
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wish me luck...

Julie, Come see us when you get off work. We'll be here for you. Hope you had a great day. It's going to be a great night. I hope you have a bunch of that 'girlie' stuff. Cassy gave some great advice. See ya' later. ;-)
              Reach deep, find your will power.

Comment

Wish me luck...

Julie,
                Just wanted to add my good thoughts for a successful day 3 - be strong, have a plan and go to bed at 6:00 p.m. (just kidding!). I am lucky that kudzu works like a charm for me. That and a cup of decaf or tea and I'm a happy camper.
                Good luck and all my best to you.
                T.
                Mama T.
                Found MWO Feb. 17, 2007

Comment

Wish me luck...

Hi Julie - I look forward to congratulating you tomorrow on waking up with a clear head, a sense of achievement, a belief that life is good and that you're going to keep it that way! Keep the resolve that's come through in your post, follow some of the others' great advice, keep talking to us and you'll be flying - :goodjob: in advance!
                  :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                  Goals:
                  Days 1-7 DONE
                  Days 8-14 DONE
                  Days 15-21 DONE
                  30 days DONE
                  60 days
                  100 days

Comment

Wish me luck...

Thank you everyone! I logged on about an hour ago and finally came to my post from this morning. Your replies put a smile on my face and made me so happy because I am so glad to have found such a wonderful support group. I am alcohol free and its just a few hours until bedtime! I did not stop to pick up wine after work. In fact, I avoided the grocery store altogether and went to Walgreens instead for a few odds and ends I needed after work. (No alchohol sold there.) I took my kudzu and have been catching up on posts here. I am confident that I am going to manage Day 3 without a slip. I didn't feel that way this morning (knowing my bad habit of tipping the bottle to relieve stress at the end of the work day). Your replies gave me the boost I needed to keep my thoughts postitive. I really appreciate that. Again thank you all for the advice and words of encouragement.

Julie

Comment

Wish me luck...

Congrats from a fellow Day 3'er! It feels great, doesn't it? I can certainly relate to the desire to relieve stress at the end of the day. I had a few moments while meeting with my boss this afternoon where the thought of a drink crossed my mind a few times, but I was able to calm down before leaving work.

Good luck on Day 4. You go girl!

Judy

Comment

Wish me luck...

Congrats on Day 3 Julie...You should be very proud of yourself
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Wish me luck...

Hi julie

hope today goes ok for you too after work. WOW delighted you managed yesterday not to drink.

get some forward planning for after work today...face pack? pluck, wax...i,m nearly plucked and waxed to death...its part of my crayt behaviours to keep away from the wine

The weather was lovely after work so was out in the garden for an hour or two.....off for a bubble bath... Iswear I spend my life in the bath with a book( a behaviour i do when avoiding cravings!!!)

Just wanted to wish you well. rocking towards the weekend ...so get planning in advance otherwise the temptation to drink rears its head...keep active...keep an image in your head of "the Julie you intend to become"...,..without the booze to prop you or(or knock you down)!!

good Luck regards cassy.

Comment

Wish me luck...

you can do it. good luck if that is what you want Luck . Tom /PS But think you want AF so I will wish and hope that for you. Tom

Comment

Working...
                            X