Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

well i dont think that is a reason to throw the man out. i can think of lots of things that he could have done that would be worse. i can tell you that he probably is a very open person that has no trouble telling you things and in my book that wins a whole bunch of points.

Comment

Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

There's things I've done back in my younger, wild days.... that I have no regrets about. At the time it was great!
      But it's not something I'll repeat. And definately not something my Hubby will ever know(I'm sure he doesn't want to know "everything"!)
      Nor do I want to know all the details about his past.

We know each other as we are today. Works for us!:h

Best of luck with this TOC.
      Sounds like you already like the guy...(?)

:l
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

Jude,
        I would have rather never have known....would have been better left in the past.

Comment

Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

I'm having some wonderful 'flashbacks'...oops, did I say that?
          Judie, we could talk! :-D

Comment

Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

This is all making for some interesting afternoon reading! Judie and Dilayne, do tell...

TOC, on serious note, I'm with you in that it would have thrown me for a loop as well and not sure how I would respond. I tend to be the insecure type in that dept, so I think naturally I would assume I would be compared to this long list of previous encounters, but that's probably not the case in reality. He has chosen you, and as someone said earlier, if he brought it up on his own volition, then he is obviously just wanting there to not be any skeletons in the closet in the event you two wind up married later and you found out from his ex. Just my thoughts... good luck!

Okay, now spill Judie and D!
            What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

TOC -

Without labeling the situation as something serious like "Predetermined Destiny" or the result of a "Superior Will", have you thought about this as a fun karmic-like twist of fate? If this is the first person you have dated since your fiancee passed (my condolences), can you think of a situation LESS like the one you had in the past? Maybe it's the universe's way of getting you off of one path and opening up others?

*just a thought - everyone feel free to scoff all you like, I can take it!*

Noella

p.s., - I just re-read what I wrote...Wanted to clarify I was NOT suggesting you swing!!! HONEST!!! just meant that this person has a vastly different perspective than you do... and sometimes it takes someone from an entirely different point of view to make us take a new look at ourselves.

Comment

Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

Ha Ha Allie. All I remember is "sensory overload"
                That's my story & I'm stickin to it...

Ahhhh, the good ol days....
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

Noella, your post made me laugh.......
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

TOC, I think that the fact he was honest about it says that he cares about you, and I always say that your past is what makes you the person that you are now .......

If he is good to you and you like him then I wouldn't worry .....

As the others say, not what I expected,

Judie & Allie, we must get together sometime LOL
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

this is NOT cool with me guys, it REALLY bothers me...i LOVED Billy (my fiance')...he would have NEVER said this shit to me.....if you love or even are in real LIKE with someone...you should know them well enough not to indulge something like this....I am really sad!

Comment

Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

Oh my!

I can only imagine what sparks a conversation like that!

TOC: "So, tell me a little bit about your past relationships"
                        Date: "I was a swinger"
                        TOC: :wow:

At least he didn't say he was once a woman!

But seriously TOC-

I'm a one person sorta gal. And I feel bad for you since this kind of puts a sour note in this dating scenario. If you can overlook & overcome this and if you think he is worth it....by all means, continue the relationship. Mind you-you can not judge someone by what they did in their past as long as they have changed for the better. If you can't get past it, well, then it's time to move on & I'm sure there was a lesson to have learned here.

Whatever decision, we're here.
                        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

Och, I'd rather have a nice cuppy tea - i know, i know - it's my age!!!
                          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

Oh TOC .. that's a tough one!

I guess it could be looked at in two different lights.

I had my wild child days in experimenting .. but been there, done that. Not anything I would feel I would need to tell a future partner about ..at least for a loooonng time ....

Or was it brought up in a manner suggesting that he still has interests? Or brought up in a "intimate" setting? That would be a BIG RED FLAG for me ...

So I guess what the setting was when he revealed this info ... could define a but more where he stands on it now?

Aww hugs ...

WTE

Comment

Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

TOC

I know you are shocked, but be glad that he felt comfortable to share this with you. People do things that they regret later on in life, but it's better you heard from him than from someone else.

If it really does bother you that much then speak to him.

Comment

Oh wonderful! Why me!!!

Lushy - yeah... that did not turn out as I had planned!

Comment

Working...
                                X