Day 1. Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1. Again.

Damnit, drinking is so much fun. While it lasts.

But again, I am tired of the rollercoaster.

Tired of having choices taken away from me about how I spend my time, once I have had a few drinks (too out of it and too hopeless to do anything productive). I am tired of battling the problem of my drinking. And since I no longer seem to be able to stop at one or two, and just drink now and then, I can't ditch the 'problem' without ditching the 'drinking'. It seems like for me, there is no other kind of drinking any more.

So here I go again. Not sure whether that's a or a .

Day 1. Again.

Quakegirl;1488063 wrote:

So here I go again. Not sure whether that's a or a .
    Hi Quakegirl,

It can be whatever you want it to be. This can be the first day of your precious new life. Take it back and kick some arse friend.

Check out the toolbox in monthly abstinence section.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 1. Again.

Quakegirl...

You are HERE and you are here with a whole lot more acceptance about the realities of alcohol addiction. So much of the damage that alcohol does to us is 'under the hood' and out of sight which makes it easier for us to ignore. But that damage is there and that damage continues with every drink.

Once I faced the objective and undeniable FACTS of what alcohol was doing to my system and once I accepted that this meant no longer putting the toxin in my body...I was finally free.

It was actually a huge relief. Of course, life didn't magically change overnight. The healing process takes time. There's a lot of good information around here on supplements for biochemical repair and methods for retraining your addicted brain.

You have just taken THE most essential step in getting back to the true NORMAL. Keep going!
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Day 1. Again.

Quakegirl,

It has taken me years to realise that I just cannot moderate. That inner voice still tries to argue its case, but my 'wise' brain takes over most of the time and argues it's case! Hang in there and aim for 30 days. Let us know how you are going.

Change.
        One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
        X