Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking in...

Hello everyone.
    Just wanted to say hi and to check in. I am into my first week of vacation and my drinking has been up and down but it honestly is 100% better then what it has been the last few months. I guess you could call it weaning. I actually had one AF night and I never felt better. I am still working on it but is a lot better like I said. I just hope when vacay is done that I don't go back to my old ways but I have faith in myself.
    I am starting to reread books and take care of myself more so that's a bonus too.

But yea. That's all. Everything is going good right now. I am happy being at home for two weeks. Maybe I should move here. Lol.

Hope everyone is well.
    xoxo
    Bri

Just checking in...

hi bri,glad youre doing ok,i think about you from time to time,you hang in there and dont be a stranger
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just checking in...

Hey Bris

I was wondering about you. Glad to hear that you are OK.

Hang in there kiddo

Comment

Just checking in...

Hi Bri. :l

You sound better, my love. Glad your home with mom and dad. :h

How's the new digs with your BF?

Stay close,

:l
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Just checking in...

Good to see ya back/checking in.......keep at it, it will "stick" one of these days
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Just checking in...

I definitely hope that it'll stick one day. It's so strange how it's only the wine that I simply cannot stay away from. Last night I had two light beers and stopped and had no desire for more. Just had them with dinner and I know if it was wine I would keep chugging that until it was all gone. Does that make sense??
            But being at home has definitely helped me stay away from the booze. I just don't understand why it's so much more difficult when I am at "the house". The apartment where my bf and I live in. Is it triggering? Could it be all the stress from there?
            We will be moving out in May and I am beyond excited for a fresh start. The next few weeks will be stressful. Also, his Mom said she will help us out with a bit of money since we were asked to basically leave but I have a feeling that won't happen which stresses me out too. I don't know. It's stress. I need to cope with it differently.
            Anyways. I will keep checkin in.
            Thank you all. Miss you!
            xo

Comment

Just checking in...

Hang in there Bri.
              FT
              AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
              As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Just checking in...

Hi Dear Bri,

Good Morning :rays:

Checking in with you today. How's mom & dad? You sound so much better since you have been staying there. Might that be an alternative for awhile while you fight the good fight?

:l
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Just checking in...

Thanks everyone.

Hey Kradle.
                  Unfortunately that wouldn't work out. They don't live in Canada but in the US. And I have my job I need to hang onto. Same with school and my boyfriend and I are moving by the end of the month. So I gotta move on. If that makes sense. I think I also like the fact I am outdoors more; I have someone to talk to. The weather is great and the sun is always out and I am not stressed out here.
                  Although the boyfriend is with me on this trip and we have barely talked. Haven't even talked about our big move and I am excited but he just doesn't seem interested. That's tough. Dunno what to make of this relationship at this point. I am not giving up now though. We have had a tough go with living with his Mom for 5 years. Hopefully things change with this big change.
                  Maybe I will just be quiet. See if he notices. Anyways; the drinking is far less here at home. I don't know why it is so much easier here. Hmmm.

Comment

Just checking in...

hey bri,i just wanted to mention something,i moved out of my old house where i drank heavily for 6 yrs about a year and a half ago,when i moved into this house it was easier to break that shitty daily drinking habit,everything was different so it was easier to do something different ya know?so maybe when you move you can develop new non drinking patterns,that would be something to think about
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just checking in...

Hey Paulywogg; I actually have been thinking about this for a while. I do feel like once we move out of the basement that I can start new habits. Healthier ones. I am really optimistic. I think a lot of my stress comes from living in our current situation and a lot of things will change once we move out. I am excited about this new change though. I think it'll be different. But who knows.

Comment

Working...
                      X