UNUSUAL VITRIOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNUSUAL VITRIOL

I suppose that a bit of "disagreement" is normal in any forum or venue. It seems that here it is a bit more important, since the tone of it can be detrimental at best.
    Some may want to vamoose, me included.

I don't think it's necessary to post in a superior way, as if you know everything about sobriety and how to get there. That's what this site is about-support,ideas, and encouragement. Not lording your success over everyone else and touting your way as the only way.

The spirit of this place is rarely lost but when it is it's a sad spectacle. I regret ever saying a harsh word. That is not what I'm about at all.

This is my soft place to land and I have made great friends here. I'm not wild about the idea of being called stupid, but really I don't much care. If you are calling people stupid then maybe it says more about you than the recipient.

MANY many good people here and I won't leave. I hope that the nastiness can remain the uncommon occurence that it is.

To me part of sobriety is removing negativity from my life, including toxic people. It took me a long time to realize I don't have to allow it. Very nice overall.

So ...have a wonderful Sunday. The weather here in NC is beautiful and I will make the most of this gift of a day

Peace and love

UNUSUAL VITRIOL

Hi Ann,

I truly think that every one here is just so damaged in different ways and to varying degree that vitriole, nastiness, crazy shit...well this is just all part of the package.

My take is that despite the crap we have all been through, there isn't more fighting and backstabbing going on.

I try to navigate through the dark water threads and simply soft land in the greener grasses...so to speak- ( and mixing my metaphors )

You are a huge
    grassy soft spot for me to land, Ann so I hope you don't go. If the site eventually deterioted into just a big bitch fest than, yes I would Vamoose too. Have enough of that in real life, believe you me!! uch:

I don't mean to play the Trite Trumpet view here of taking the good with the bad...but for me...well this is a forum for Alcoholics and in my experience we tend to be people of extremes: incredibly vile or completely generous and loving.

My belief is that we ALL come here to MWO to find that magical place in between those two.
    ...and sometimes it isn't pretty...but it is ALWAYS progress.

:l
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

UNUSUAL VITRIOL

I agree Kradle

No doubt that we are all damaged in some way. We wouldn't be int his boat otherwise I suppose. And it is progress to be here to post and read every day.

I think all of us hate to see someone with some sober time plan to drink. I don't think it's a know-it -all thing to say "Please reconsider." But yeah everyone will do what they need to do. After all I haven't been to my monthky music jam because I can't face it sober yet. I know better right now thatn to try.

I know that when I had sober time then planned to drink on a "special occasion" it just turned into the usual mess. There is no occasion "special" enough to go there.

I drove by a local pub where drinkers meet and hang outside and play music on Sunday afternoon. For a nanosecond I thought THAT would be fun.HAHAHA-reality took over and I drove on by. There would be no fun in a few hours when I drive home drunk and/or invite lunatics here to my place. No freaking way. LOL

Comment

UNUSUAL VITRIOL

Hi, Ann Carolina,

Your post is interesting in 2 ways for me. Initially I was thinking about some comments I've read on the med threads. I seem to live in a Pollyanna World. I thought we were all here to help and share. Then I learned MWO is just a small slice of the world, so there are so many personalities here.

Next, I do go through lots of threads and I agree with you: I don't get it when people plan and write about it here. I had to leave a thread because I don't get it. But, maybe others on here get something from it? I don't know. I've read stuff that blows my mind and I can't imagine it and yet someone follows and gets something out of it.

I hadn't been so discerning and now I'm getting the hang of it! Thanks for your thoughts and nice to meet you.

Comment

Working...
        X