I feel like I'm being punished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom's car just broke down, and I know this sounds stupid but I feel like I'm being punished for drinking. :upset: I haven't drank anything today! Her car is the only vehicle we have right now and I need it for work. I can't afford to go and purchase another car.
    I am basically living paycheck to paycheck and since my divorce I couldn't get financed if I tried.
    I am so scared, I just hope it's something simple and cheap to fix.

I hate feeling sorry for myself, I just needed to get this out!
    AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
    Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

oh, I am sorry!!! I hate when you work so hard and still feel punished. Read my thread today....maybe you'll feel better, if nothing else, it might give ya a laugh...Lush is hysterical.

Comment

Kit, I will be hoping it is an inexpensive fix. I understand that panicked feeling when funds are tight and something like this happens.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Kit, it's not your fault things break. I'm with Lush. I hope it dosen't cost you much to fix. Do you have any friends to give you a lift?
        Mary

Comment

I do have some friends who can get me to work. I just hate telling them the d**n thing broke down again. I wouldn't even know where to begin a list of things we have fixed on this thing. I hate dealing with this while I am hung over. I had a glass of apple juice with l-glut to see if that won't help. Along with alot of water and tea.

Comment

Try some honey, it brings up the blood sugar well.Tell your friends the truth.If they are friends they will understand
            Mary

Comment

Hi Kitkat,

Sending thoughts and prayers to you, well done for not drinking xx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Thanks Betty and everyone! This struggle to stay AF is very difficult. Along with life's other struggles.

Comment

KitKat, hi.

The car didn't break down because you drink. The car broke down because there is something wrong with it, not you.

Everything seems 100 times worse with a hangover.

I really hope you find a way round this and that it is a minor fault.

Best of luck.

Comment

Kit;

Hang in there I know the feeling, my car keeps acting up, start and shut off...Hubby says don't worry about it he knows what the problem is..Meanwhile my thought is ok, he works about an hour to 2 hours depending on traffic away from home, most of the time I running for my son to be picked up or dropped off in the evening and I have my career going for inerviews, and no I can't afford a new car..So what is the solution?

If you know let me know, I do alot of praying evey time I get in the 11 year old saturn. And keeping my alcohol consumption at bay, is still a strength I am able to maintain...I Don't know how, but I do know drinking insn't gonna fix my problem...

Let's stress together.

:l Brandy

Comment

Thanks Brandy,
                      I found out this evening that it will cost $1200.00 roughly to fix my heap. But for some odd reason I feel better than I did this morning, if ever I would need a drink it would be now but I would rather face this crisis sober. And I think some praying couldn't hurt.
                      I'm still stressed, but I am glad for your company!!!

Comment

Kit, I am sorry it is going to be that much. Ouch!! But I am glad to hear your good attitude about it all. That will help so much.
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I can relate, KitKat. Hang in there. I know the feeling all too well of living paycheck to paycheck! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Good for you for not wanting to drink right now. It won't help a darn thing!

Hugs,

Kathy:l
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                          X