Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the chances of MYO going down for good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was just wondering could it happen ? Could we all wake up and MYO would be down for good or would the sites Admin give notice?
    I'm sure it has happened before some where.
    AF 5/jan/2011

Of all the visitors to MWO, the majority do not subscribe. This was the reason Roberta Jewell started subscriptions when the site became so large. It is a life saver in so many cases and a wonderful support system. It's very inexpensive, but folks do what they want to.

The site does require maintenance and in my mind, it is PRICELESS!
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Well if you went to subscribe right now you couldn't , all the links that i can see are down .
      It's also the only forum that i have seen that has asked members to pay, Advertisements pay for all the other forums that i have seen but since the home page of MYO hasn't been updated since 2006/2007 i'm sure a lot of potential advertisers and customers out there might think this is a dead forum , i did when i first came to the home page and seen the best of the boards was last updated in 2006 .
      Yes this site is priceless but if there are people like me out there, who haven't worked in four years due to a deep recession and 15% unemployment, well everything has a price then.
      AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

I think it "is" possible for the site to go down.

I dont know if RJ has any ties to this board or not anymore, she could very well be a member and we dont even know it. If she decides, or whoever is running it, that it is not worth the hassle they could pull the plug.

I dont think money is any factor on the life of this board. I doubt she started this board to get rich. If that was the case, it would have much more advertising on it.

I do know there is a least one moderator, maybe even more...........who knows.

Although there are costs involved in running and maintaining this site, I dont think its cost prohibitive. A buddy of mine started a message board with this very platfrom(Vbulletin) and was running it from his home. Granted it didnt have this many members, but if you think about it.......there isnt thousands of "active" members.

Im not as computer savy as others, but I did assist him in running it. There was maintenance, but that was just "button pushing"

So, lets hope whoever is "pushing the buttons" behind the scenes understands what a great and valuable resource this place is and continues to allow our wonderful community to have life.

I feel pretty confident after the hijacking we had, that the powers that be, want this place to stay, or they wouldnt have bothered fixing it.
        Of course, thats just Nelz's opinion
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

And a damn fine opinion it is, Nelz! I concour.
          I know the site has udnergone several "transformations" in the past years. I do not know who is "in charge" anymore.
          But then, I been around her since 2007 or 2008. With a long hiatus that was just stopped last month!
          BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

BHOG;1489286 wrote: And a damn fine opinion it is, Nelz! I concour.
            I know the site has udnergone several "transformations" in the past years. I do not know who is "in charge" anymore.
            But then, I been around her since 2007 or 2008. With a long hiatus that was just stopped last month!

There is a contingency plan in place in the event that such a catastrophic event shall happen.

PM me for details if anyone is interested
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Madmans, I wasn't pointing any fingers at you.

When I joined it was a small forum and RJ was funding it. As it became larger she needed help to run it and chose River Pharmacy as her only sponser and appealed to members to subscribe. However, this doesn't apply to members who are having a hard time economically or who don't visit the site often.

No offence was intended.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

why not just share the contingency plan with everyone?
                10-06-2012

Comment

oh, duh, probably because a hacker would see it?
                  10-06-2012

Comment

Bettygirl, Nelz has set up a private group on facebook. If you are interested PM him or me and we can get you the information.

Anyone else who is interested is more than welcome!
                    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

It was foretold in a Mayan Codex
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2091205=7540-attachment.jpg[/img]
                        AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

:H:H:H

Too frikken funny!!! :H

Comment

Skendall no offence was taken, i didn't think you were pointing fingers at anyone.
                            I still blame the drink industry for the hacking yes i was way more paranoid when i was drinking:nutso:
                            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

This site will go on and on; RJ will see to it ! And yes, there are moniters out there.
                              Meow-Meow
                              MonaKitty

Comment

Working...
                              X