Melatonin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melatonin

I have taking melatonin at night to help me sleep. I have been taking it for almost a month now. Does anyone know what the maximum amount of time it should be taken?

Jacy :question:

Melatonin

Hi Jacy,

I have been taking melatonin now for about 3 months.. Not every night, but at least 5 nights out of 7..I usually manage about 4 hours sleep when I do take it, which is better than it used to be... Until you asked the question I hadn't thought it did have a time limit.. Must check up on that...
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Melatonin

hmmm

have a bestest friend who just so happens to own a health food store I'll e her and let you know

Comment

Melatonin

I really don't think there is a time limit. It is apparently a natural hormone in our bodies that we lose as we grow older, which is why we could sleep so easily when we were younger.
        Anemone

Comment

Melatonin

thanks for all your info. How many tabs do any of you usually take before bedtime? I am only taking one and I don't find that it is working.:sigh:

Comment

Melatonin

It depends, if I feel a little tired then I take one 3mg pill, If I feel wide awake when I go to bed then I will take two..
            A F F L..
            Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Melatonin

Thanks Fan & Irishlady.

I was just wondering because I haven't found 1 tab working very well. My sister suggested taking it as she mentioned it worked wonders when she had problems sleeping. I didn't take into consideration that she doesn't drink much either.

Jacy

Comment

Melatonin

I take one half of a 5mg tablet. Not sure about long term but I did notice you shouldn't take if PG or want to be PG!
                Nancy
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Melatonin

I just take 1. I am afraid if I take more I will be groggy in the morning and lord knows I am groggy enough with my hangover. Seriously.
                  Anemone

Comment

Working...
                  X