Army Fred 8th April, 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recluse;1489399 wrote: Ok, I've had a speed read of today's thread, but not yet read back any further.

First things first. It was absolutely brilliant to meet so many of you yesterday. The army really does have a lot of gorgeous looking ladies and whizzy practically looked like a teenager! But of course, we all know that the army isn't about appearances, it's about the many lovely kind personalities.

Thank you molly for your wonderful generosity, that fantastic spread you laid on for us last night, and for all the driving you did. It was good to be able to meet Joe too.

Sorry you had a shite trip home, whizzy, but it was great that you did so well in your race.
    I was disappointed not to be able to come and watch you. I was also disappointed not to be able to make it to the Odessa on Saturday evening and meet satzy, tabbers and did I miss anyone else?

When I got to the hotel at 10pm on Friday night, I was very tired and stressed. I'd had about 3 hours sleep, then had to rush into town to get euros, travel toiletries, new footwear and more before setting off. I'd not been on a train or plane or bus for more than 10 years, and there were 2 trains involved as well as a plane and a bus, so it was all a bit much for me. I'm not called recluse for nothing, although I've improved a lot over the past 18 months. Thank you jackie for saying you were proud of me for making the journey cos it did take a huge amount of courage and I still can't quite believe I've been to an army meetup in Dublin. I had another bad night on Friday and was still a bit shellshocked from the previous day and wasn't feeling great either as I've been having major problems with my sinuses and not been able to get a doctor's appointment. Anyway, the long and the short of it was that I started drinking and, well, that was that for the day. But it was still a good weekend for me cos I was able to give all the ladies a hug on Sunday and shake mario and arsey by the hand. As for the folks that I wasn't able to meet, I plan on coming back next year. :goodjob:

Well, I couldn't understand you either mollers, so that's twice you've been told now! :H But that was to be expected, of course. I'm sorry I wasn't able to contribute much in the way of conversation...I would have loved to, but with all those accents, the background noise, etc, there was never much chance that I would be able to follow what folks were saying. I was happy to just be there and sit in the same room as my friends. :l

So thanks for a great Sunday army!
    :lReccie, Im glad got to meet you. You're a true gentleman xx

Comment

Recciebear. Just read your post. You should be incredibly proud of yourself with what you have achieved so far. I think you did brilliantly x
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Starty, what did you buy in the duty free?

Sweetpea, keep the chair!!!!!

Reccie, it was lovely to meet you xx

Comment

startingover;1489405 wrote: Did you and RC find Mollys ok?
          :H Feck you'll be sorry asked that! Long-story short we did eventually after ending up on the road to Galway!

Comment

sweetpea29;1489410 wrote: :H Feck you'll be sorry asked that! Long-story short we did eventually after ending up on the road to Galway!
            :H:H

Comment

limers;1489408 wrote: Starty, what did you buy in the duty free?

Sweetpea, keep the chair!!!!!

Reccie, it was lovely to meet you xx
              I got the flower bomb, the eye thing that you told me about and somthing called high beam :H

Comment

sweetpea29;1489410 wrote: :H Feck you'll be sorry asked that! Long-story short we did eventually after ending up on the road to Galway!
                Oh dear :H

Comment

No one noticed my shiny. Job well done....
                  I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

pingu1997;1489417 wrote: No one noticed my shiny. Job well done....
                    Everyone loved mine
                    I want more

Comment

startingover;1489415 wrote: I got the flower bomb, the eye thing that you told me about and somthing called high beam :H
                      cow!!! I hate you!!:upset:

Comment

Hi Pingu!!

Starty, how many mls of flowerbomb??

Comment

limers;1489420 wrote: cow!!! I hate you!!:upset:
                          :H:H

Comment

Whats flowerbomb girls?

Comment

limers;1489421 wrote: Hi Pingu!!

Starty, how many mls of flowerbomb??
                              50 mils of the EDT it was 49 euro

Comment

sweetpea29;1489423 wrote: Whats flowerbomb girls?
                                Its a Victor and Rolf perfume I had never heard of it before. Limers had it and its lovely!

Comment

Working...
                                X