Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol. Food. Weight.

Hey everyone!
    I actually have a quick question. Since starting drinking I have put on quite a bit of weight. What with being extremely sedentary, drinking daily and losing all inhibition to the point where I eat fried chicken at ten o'clock; it isn't surprising.
    But. The last week or so I have seriously cut back on the boozing, been eating healthy AND exercising but the scale simply will not budge. It is still at the same spot a as it was a week ago

Is it possible that I seriously screwed up my metabolism or something??
    One of the reasons for quitting is to feel better about myself and to be healthy and lose this unwanted weight.
    Anyone have any advice or tips?
    Thanks!

Alcohol. Food. Weight.

a week isn't that long...be patient and consistent. I have lost 36 lbs since I started exercising for at least an hour a day two months after I quit drinking. I also keep a food diary (the free iphone app, I forget what it's called!). it's a long road to get there and an even longer road back, so just put in the work and you will get the results. I am 41 and thought it would be impossible, but it hasn't been hard at all.

you can do it!
    10-06-2012

Comment

Alcohol. Food. Weight.

Hi Bri!

I am starting Week 8 of my healthy eating/working out plan. I am down 20 pounds as of today. That includes seriously limiting my calorie intake and HOURS at the gym daily. I daresay that not much will happen in ONE week. Don't get discouraged...it will happen, just not overnight. Same as you didn't gain it overnight, you won't lose it overnight.

Keep hanging in there!

K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Alcohol. Food. Weight.

You guys are right. I guess it's my all or nothing approach sometimes that gets me into trouble. Very black and white thinking when it comes to certain things.
        One week isn't a long time. And it did take me nearly two years to gain this weight. I guess I am just one of those people where if I don't see results fast I become discouraged.
        Congrats K9 on the 20lb loss!! That's amazing!
        And you're right Bettygirl. I gotta keep putting forth the commitment and hard work without stopping.
        Thanks gals!! )

Comment

Alcohol. Food. Weight.

Hi Bri!

I am guilty of working out one time and expecting to see a change in the mirror. I want things to happen NOW! haha But alas, they do not....

I'm glad you've cut back on drinking, that is great! Now don't go disappearing again you hear me?? :H

Love,
          K9

oh P.S., I agree with what Betty said...keeping a food journal is very important. I write down EVERYTHING. It seems a bit obsessive, but hey, I sat around for years HOPING the weight would come off and it didn't. LOL Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise.

Comment

Alcohol. Food. Weight.

I'm on board, too!

briseus;1490198 wrote: You guys are right. I guess it's my all or nothing approach sometimes that gets me into trouble. Very black and white thinking when it comes to certain things.
            One week isn't a long time. And it did take me nearly two years to gain this weight. I guess I am just one of those people where if I don't see results fast I become discouraged.
            Congrats K9 on the 20lb loss!! That's amazing!
            And you're right Bettygirl. I gotta keep putting forth the commitment and hard work without stopping.
            Thanks gals!! )
            Briseus, due to my drinking wine and snacking, I've got about 20 lbs. I'd like to drop. Today's the day I get serious, after 10 days AF, and indulging my sweet cravings a bit.

I've had good success dropping weight with low-carb, controlled calorie, eating. No grains, starchy veg, or sugar in any form. See posts by Miss NoSugar, low-carb expert around here. Linda's Low Carb has great recipes for all kinds of delicious food...give it a look-see! I think you'll also be pleasantly surprised by how good you feel eating this way as you avoid the highs and lows of sugar/starch metabolism. Good luck!
            Friedabee is "free to be!"

Comment

Alcohol. Food. Weight.

Fried,
              I thought your name referred to some sort of food delicacy...Fried Bees. LOL :H

Comment

Alcohol. Food. Weight.

Fried bees

K9Lover;1490233 wrote: Fried,
                I thought your name referred to some sort of food delicacy...Fried Bees. LOL :H
                You're not the first, K9! I wanted to convey the idea that I'm "free to be" without the damaging side effects of AL. I was puzzled when Kuya said something about "fried bees," then realized that my moniker could be pronounced that way! :H

No, fried bees aren't on my low-carb food list. I'm thinking of you and your success as I buckle down and begin to reclaim my former slim self. It's gonna be good!
                Friedabee is "free to be!"

Comment

Alcohol. Food. Weight.

Hey Fried, they just might be on your low-carb plan...I should think they are mostly protein?? LOL But I guess the frying part would ruin that...never mind. HA

You CAN do this weight loss thing...believe me, if my lazy ass can get up and just do it...so can you! And dont get discouraged. I've noticed my weight fluctuates daily...give it LOTS of time

Comment

Working...
                  X