Tips to fight depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips to fight depression

The DIY Couturier • 21 Tips to Keep Your Shit Together When You're Depressed.

Some of these are very founded. I like the 'fake it till you make it' aspects of fighting depression.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Tips to fight depression

Thanks for sharing :-) The author had some good tips. #13 is so true!

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Thanks for sharing!
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Thanks for sharing xx
        AF since 2nd Oct 2012
        Day by day

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Thanks, Siren....this is helpful. Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Thanks for posting that. There are some very useful bits of advice in those tips.

Comment

Tips to fight depression

I'm glad you guys find this useful. Depression is embarrassing. I don't eat right. I don't shower or brush my teeth. I don't change out of my pajamas. Working from home, it's so easy to disappear into my pathology.

I need to start writing things down to see if I can determine a cycle. I'm currently embroiled in the dark bit. I need to just breathe and read through these tips. One foot in front of the other...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OORsz2d1H7s[/video]]Put One Foot in Front of the Other - YouTube
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Tips to fight depression

I enjoyed her whole blog - what an interesting, giving woman. Thanks for the link, Siren.

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Siren
                  I fight it too, girl. You are not alone. HUGS
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Hello Mama Bear.

Yep, depression is damned .... depressing. I'd love to go just a few months without it dragging me down.

Comment

Tips to fight depression

I loved that link Siren! Thank you so much.

Quick story: about 2 years ago my then 9 year old daughter tells me she needs to get some pill she has seen advertised on TV. I ask her why (knowing she is referring to a powerful anti depressant) and she says, "because I get sad sometimes and if I take this pill then I'll be happy..."

Needless to say I was floored. Depression is so serious and rough to live with and they market it as though it's nothing more than a rainy day turned sunny with song once you pop a pill...

Cable went bye bye that week. We are only on Netflix now.

:l
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Kradle, that must have been a hell of a shock for you. Does she actually suffer from depression, or was it just what she said... being sad occassionally.?

Comment

Tips to fight depression

I don't know about the world outside of the US; but we are constantly bombarded with AD and ED drugs on the television. I think there are more ads than programs.
                          How much advertising in your part of the world?
                          BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Rags;1490864 wrote: Kradle, that must have been a hell of a shock for you. Does she actually suffer from depression, or was it just what she said... being sad occassionally.?
                            Hi Rags,

No, she was nine at the time and is definitely a happy, positive kid. She was equating say, sad about not having enough syrup for her waffles (or similar little kid tuff) with full blown clinical depression.

I explained to her that this medication was made for people who were SO sad they couldn't get out of bed in the morning!

She thought that was Sad for them because then they couldn't ride their bikes on a sunny day...

:l
                            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Great article, thanks for sharing. Kradle, cute story.
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                              X