Tips to fight depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips to fight depression

Sober, I know you are trying to help but I find that attitude offensive. Depression is crippling and one cannot just snap out of it. It's not a choice. Who the f*ck would choose this?
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Tips to fight depression

im more depressed with af time,i think i needs meds but im so scared to take them,really sux!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Tips to fight depression

I know sober. Like I said - I know you are trying to help.

I think there is a difference between "getting depressed" and "being depressed". I think anyone can get depressed about certain life experiences. It's a bit of a pity party that everyone should be allowed to have occasionally.

Being depressed is another matter. It's denying oneself essential care because there is no point in taking care of oneself. It's a Herculean effort to shower and change out of my pajamas after being in them for 3 days. It's too much effort to eat. All I want to do is go back to bed. I don't care what happens to me. I just don't care. I don't care. dead inside.

Pauly - are you taking supplements? They help me when I remember to take them. Just regular vitamins...
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Wow, big hand up for lifelong battler of depression and current battler of menopause. Lost at the 'mo. I'm going to read that article.

Cat
          "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Siren, thanks for the article. I found it very useful.
            Free at Last
            "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
            http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Awesome, Free! Glad to help.

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Siren136;1490840 wrote:
                I need to start writing things down to see if I can determine a cycle. I'm currently embroiled in the dark bit. I need to just breathe and read through these tips. One foot in front of the other...
                Sometimes, and they're awful times, it is literally one foot in front of the other. I learned that from '99-'01. Horrible, horrible years. I felt as if I were possessed, as if something had kidnapped my mind and body. I understood the possible reason for exorcisms--get this thing out of me! Makes me wonder if that's why they were performed. No devil involved, just a mental health problem.

One thing's for sure, you're not alone. Nor should you feel embarrassed. Why do you?

Keep talking, hon, and get outside of yourself, if you can. That helps.

We're here if you need us. Talk away.
                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Great read, saved it to my desktop for a more frequent read.
                  FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Depression so painful

We have known for many years that there is a relationship between Insomnia and Depression. 80% of patients with depression suffer from insomnia. Sleep and Depression - Dr. Robert S. Rosenberg
                    Meow-Meow
                    MonaKitty

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Juja;1493215 wrote: Sometimes, and they're awful times, it is literally one foot in front of the other. I learned that from '99-'01. Horrible, horrible years. I felt as if I were possessed, as if something had kidnapped my mind and body. I understood the possible reason for exorcisms--get this thing out of me! Makes me wonder if that's why they were performed. No devil involved, just a mental health problem.

One thing's for sure, you're not alone. Nor should you feel embarrassed. Why do you?

Keep talking, hon, and get outside of yourself, if you can. That helps.

We're here if you need us. Talk away.
                      I'm embarrassed when my husband comes home and, for the third day in a row, I'm still in my pajamas. When I haven't brushed my teeth or showered. When I can't do normal self-care and I can't maintain the household.

Comment

Tips to fight depression

i was reading an article on depression and i have most of the signs,sometimes i guess it manifests itself in other ways besides just sadness,however ive also read that quitting booze its only natural to be depressed for a bit,the question i have is how damn long will it last?
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Tips to fight depression

Brilliant 'cartoon' explaining depression.

Hyperbole and a Half

Comment

Working...
                          X