Army Thread 11th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 11th April

I've got rid of the houseful and now settling down in a comfy cinema seat to watch some crap kids film. Still it,was cheap and tigger will be quiet for the duration
    I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Army Thread 11th April

What Waggie said...
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 11th April

Bored out of me skull so cooking lentil and vegatable lasange
        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 11th April

mollyka;1490615 wrote: FFS Tipps - had to read back to see what waggie said:H

Are u veggie? I do like my meat - dunno wot I'll have for dinner - may pop over to Ashbourne and visit de butcher (and NewLook and few nice little boutiques)
          Nah I'm defo not a veggie, love me meat, just fancied a change and lentils can be a nice alternative to mince now nd then in bolognase and lasange, curries etc, and their cheap as owt
          I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
          Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 11th April

InChains;1490584 wrote: morning all from an entirely hangover free Inchy Apparently chocolate + rubbish telly + madly promoting my art page was a good move, stayed sober and got from 140 to 187 fans and two new sales in one night! love it. Not keeping the money though, all being sent in the direction of a charity, girls gotta do her bit eh? Anywho I am gonna be getting on, getting myself together, bass lesson this afternoon - so looking forward to it, my favorite part of the week

wishing you luck with your dissertation LPC, I met a woman in my foundation year who said something similar to you - she'd been an accountant or something for lord knows how long and just realised she couldn't stand it anymore so took up an illustration course part time and completely changed her direction in life - good for her I say.

Little note: got mozilla which has a damn american spell check on so please ignore any stupid americanised spellings (it wants a z in there, I am refusing to change it even though i hate and loathe those little red lines!).

-Inchy
            I think the others may have missed this! Well done Inchy and you sound great too:goodjob:

Comment

Army Thread 11th April

Yeah Mrs A i did miss it, well done inchy
              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 11th April

thanks Mrs A and lpc am feeling mighty good this morning
                I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Army Thread 11th April

good good, hope ur bass lesson goes well, hows uni going inchy?
                  Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 11th April

Good morning to all!
                    Wet and rainy here in Utah! Not much else to tell, other than my SIL finally made the news cycle. There will be a post in the curse thread about it later!
                    Stay Strong, Everybody.
                    And congrats again, Inchy!
                    BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Army Thread 11th April

lpc, i'm on a gap year, finished my foundation course in june of last year, starting the proper course in september which means moving home an all that madness, trying not to freak out too much xD

thanks bhog
                      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Army Thread 11th April

Inchy some say uni was the best days of their lives, u may enjoy it
                        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 11th April

I'm here molly! Afternoon anyone else who's around.

anon;1490519 wrote: Good morning it looks like spring may have arrived in the UK:goodjob:
                          Brilliant! Fantastic! Wonderfull! Yes!!!!!!!

littlepinkcat;1490532 wrote: I was meaning to come online last night but realised I had to go food shopping. I went to Aldi and put loads of nice stuff in the trolley that I probs shouldn't of, when the trolley was chocca and couldnt get no more in i went to the checkout and thought fuck this is gonna cost me and she said 50.22 pence I was like what, how cheap is that, I had all kinds, aspargaus, cambert, king prawns, lambchops, etc etc, very good shop that Aldi

On to more pressing matters I am hopefully getting my results back for my dissertattion proposal today, fingers crossed
                          Never been to an Aldi pinky, but there's one in Oxford, so you've got me thinking now. Could do with saving a few bob after all the money I spent getting to Dublin. Best of luck with your dissertation proposal.

mollyka;1490554 wrote: Back up to Garristown today - oh gawd, I think I'll have had more than enough of it now after 4 days!
                          Hope this'll be your last day at Garristown.

mollyka;1490554 wrote:
                          Reccie - did you ever find the beach in the Brig? Time ran out to go for a walk with you - we'll have a good old wander on the really long one further along the next time you come over --- how's about that for a date??? :-)
                          Yep, I did, molly. Woke up early when there was barely any light and went for a little walk along the beach. It was cold because of the wind coming in from the sea, but I did get to see the sea, which was all I wanted. I'm looking forward to that walk with you next time already!

InChains;1490584 wrote:
                          morning all from an entirely hangover free Inchy Apparently chocolate + rubbish telly + madly promoting my art page was a good move, stayed sober and got from 140 to 187 fans and two new sales in one night! love it. Not keeping the money though, all being sent in the direction of a charity, girls gotta do her bit eh? Anywho I am gonna be getting on, getting myself together, bass lesson this afternoon - so looking forward to it, my favorite part of the week
                          Well done on the sobriety inchy, and very generous of you too to donate the proceeds of your sales to charity. Enjoy your bass lesson.

Molly, I wanted to ask you, what is the name of that drink that was on the table at dinner? The one in the small bottles, sort of water with a hint of fruit flavour? I really liked it and wanted to see if it's available over here.

Comment

Army Thread 11th April

Message from JC. She sends the army a :wavin: and says they won't be coming back until Saturday unless it snows.

Comment

Army Thread 11th April

went to Maccy Ds and sat and ate a feckin salad while the kids tucked into chips....

Reccie there's lots of nice al alternative drinks, one of my faves is called "Feel Good" cranberry and Lime, or raspberry and pomegranate. Its a bit like schloer but half the price and twice as nice!!!!
                              I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Army Thread 11th April

pingu1997;1490703 wrote: went to Maccy Ds and sat and ate a feckin salad while the kids tucked into chips....

Reccie there's lots of nice al alternative drinks, one of my faves is called "Feel Good" cranberry and Lime, or raspberry and pomegranate. Its a bit like schloer but half the price and twice as nice!!!!
                                You must be serious about losing weight if you're having salad at Maccy Ds, pingu. Actually, I thought you were a very nice shape, and I'm not just being polite. Sadly, I've reached an age where I have to watch my weight too. Never used to be a problem.

Thanks for the suggestion re the drinks. I'll give them a try. Ideally, I'd like to find a low calorie drink that doesn't contain artificial sweeteners, but there don't seem to be any about.

Comment

Working...
                                X