Facebook and privacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook and privacy

Attention Facebookers: Do check your privacy settings periodically as FB administrators seem to change how to set these frequently. I have a FB page that I keep mostly deactivated, as I have no need for it other than to post photos for others now and then. Today, I activated the page to grab a photo and there on the first page was a preview of an article I read about health problems and alcohol. The preview was in the section where anything I've supposedly "liked" is posted. How embarrassing it would've been to me if someone saw this! I absolutely never "liked" that article, I only clicked on it and read it.
    Friedabee is "free to be!"

Facebook and privacy

omg! that would be embarrasing,facebook is odd anyways if i comment on one friends photo or status,i can then read all their friends comments,i dont like that,it should all be between us and the one friend
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Facebook and privacy

paulywogg;1491300 wrote: omg! that would be embarrasing,facebook is odd anyways if i comment on one friends photo or status,i can then read all their friends comments,i dont like that,it should all be between us and the one friend
      Yes! I admit I'm not a regular user of the thing, but I believe the so-called privacy settings are deliberately user unfriendly. You think you're "hiding" a section, but does that mean that you hide it on your page, and it might still be visible to others? This is not clear. Personally, I'll just leave it deactivated it it's gonna be telling on me.
      Friedabee is "free to be!"

Comment

Facebook and privacy

I do check mine but i m also not concerned with anything I post on FB. I never say or post anything I would not want someone to see. I am also open about my alcoholism and the fact that I am over 2 years sober. Basically I lead a pretty boring life and no one is going to find out anything about me that they dont already know. My feelings are if you are concerned about privacy then you probably should not have FB. Just my opinion though.
        AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Facebook and privacy

yeah,i wouldnt have a facebook either,but its a good way to keep up with family who live elsewhere,pics and such
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Facebook and privacy

Our personal liberties are slipping away under Oboma.......Our kids belong to the communities, not us......WOW! Tony
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Facebook and privacy

I don't wish to blame Obama, but I don't post anything on Facebook I don't want the world to see, including my birthday and my drinking history. DOB is one piece of info identity thieves need.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
              X