Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this an excuse to moderate? can I moderate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok...so yesturday I went to get my hair done and at the salon they offered me a glass of wine....oh dear.

Keep in mind that this was (was) my 5th day AF. So I accepted. I always feel that a free drink doesnt count.
    So i had the glass of wine, and then had 2 beers with dinner. Then I went home and went to bed. Was with the boyfriend, didn't call anyone, didn't act dumb...what does this mean?

I feel bad for drinking....

Well I would personally call that well done, but that depends on your goals, If your aim is mods, then you did perfectly .....

What this wine at the hairdressers thing all about then??? They certainly don't do that here in the UK!!!
    sigpicXXX

Comment

I know! It was a first for me too. (the wine at the hairdressers.) Bastards. I tell you though, I would have drank like a fish if not for 2 , well three things.
      1. I ate a lot
      2. Topamax makes beer taste bad
      3. I was very concious about what I was doing

I'm just scared that I won't get so lucky the next time.

Comment

that showed strength. Don't be scared, you did well. I know i couldn't be so restrained. Good 4 u!! love Bella xx

Comment

I am always leary. That's just me. Depends. What is your goal? Usually you need to go AF for at least 30 days before trying mods. To early to say. I'd say if you have to question something then you have to wonder.
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

CK, sounds like ya did just fine. I think a major key to moderating is to be VERY conscious. I try & drink a big glass of water in between each drink/beer... that I allow myself.
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

I think as long as you very aware and felt in control, you could probably moderate. In my heavy drinking days I could put it away for a couple of days then say "see I haven't a problem I didn't do anything for 2 days. Then go back to being my drunken self. I'm saying this is new tread lightly and carefully.
              Lots of Hugs
              Mary

Comment

I agree with Simey, be very very careful. I was so proud of myself going 5 days AF, yes so proud I could have POPPED! Just had a wee glass of wine at my Pal's, no more, next day a couple of wine's at night, no more, doddle this moderating eh?!? NOP I am back to being as bad as ever!! ALL weekends, every night - and yes I can still go to work etc I have heard others call it 'functioning alcoholic'..... Day 1 AF today. I have taken a weeks annual leave from work to sort myself out and have spent most of yesterday and today here at MWO. I have just re-read what I have typed and want to add that moderation DOES clearly work for some of us, just wanted you to be aware that for a lot of us it just doesn't, not in the long run.

Take care,

Lorna
                Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Isn't that funny that you still drank two beers and it tasted bad but you drank them anyway? I did that the other day too. I knew it tasted bad, but I drank them. What's up with that? That's what scared me. I knew I was drinking them for the buzz, definately not the taste. Just be careful.
                  Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

DidItForMe, that kittie is so cute!!

cke123, I went 35 days AF and I thought this month I could try mods but I can see myself regressing into a bad place, does that mean I am AF for ever I don't know. I worry that my health issues ie; high blood pressure, makes it hard for me to tolerate alcohol even a small amount. I guess you just have to be careful and decides if it is going to affect you negatively or hurt others.

I had to leave work early Monday because of my drinking weekend. But I used to be able to pull through my Mondays with no problem. I guess what I am saying if it affects work ,family,health, etc. Then it won't work but it sounds like you didn't have a whole lot and you did OK.

I wish I could have a couple of glasses of wine and stop there I just haven't been able to.
                    I don't know if this helps but, you probably know you better than anyone else.

Anyway take care and let us know how it goes.
                    AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
                    Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

i think i was on my best behavior. I know myself, and if I do it again, I will let my guard down and act like an ass. I'm not too good to admit that, that's for sure!! :H

What's next? Who knows? I'm just glad I was good this time. I feel bad, but don't want to dwell. I appreciate the brutal honesty I get here, you have no idea. I wish you all lived in New York City. If anyone does, let me know!!

Comment

No advice here. Sounds bad. Look at my pass post. But today got bussiness done didnt drive drunk. I''ve reduced from 16 to 24 16oz 5.2 beers a day drinking from time I got up till time I went to slept. Plus maked an okay living.30 days on this program not drinking in the morning doun to 6 16 oz. Point is Don't trick your self but look where you came from. Its Your choice. Thanks for shareing, And letting me put my two cent worth in. You Decide What is Best For You . You Will Live Thru I t. Tom

Comment

Girl please, you did GREAT!!! I want the hairdressers number...LOL Moderation is HARD...but you did it....BIG BIG hugs and pats on the back to you...

Comment

Working...
                          X