Thank God I'm sober enough to think straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey did any of you suffer from continuous headaches when first abstaining? Well 13 day and I seem to have a headache from around 11am til I go to bed. Is this my body adjusting whilst I detox??? At first I thought it was cos I had increased my smoking but have abstained from that all day to see if it would make a difference (nope!). Kidneys & Liver area sore too! Also find I get tired much earlier. I've always been a night owl but now find I'm pushing it if its later than 11pm!!! Still have'nt had a night of pure sleep since abstaining yet either but last night was better. No depression at all during abs but I do get sad incrediably fast over things and now sober feel lonelier!!! (socializing equalled wild piss ups!) Its the perfect time to complete my list of weird and wonderful projects but that takes real courage instead of Dutch courage! Ahhhh I'll get there!

Had quite an upset this week which distressed me for 48 hours, fate and a higher power kept me off the juice (I swear I was ready to self destruct!) and whilst the problem has by no means gone away I Thank God I'm sober enough to think straight and work on it!

So far just taking Amino Acid and Milk Thistle. Kudzu extract and A-Vitamineral Green ordered. Don't think Topa is for me.

:thanks: for the encouragement and friendship. Believe me its greatly appreciated.
    A BushBaby with Attitude

Elizabeth, Honey, when is the last time you have had blood work done? The soreness worrys me some. I'm more tired than ever also.
    Hugs mary

Comment

Hello Elizabeth.
      It takes a while for your body and your brain to retune.
      Drink lots of water.
      Headacches etc. can be the result of dehydration. You'll notice lots of little twangs as you start to repair yourself.
      Keep going.
      You're doing great.

Comment

Just hang in there, If it is alcohol withdrawal then it will get better xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Simey is right Elizabeth...maybe go to the docs just to be on the safe side..
          If it's any consolation though, I had MINGING headaches for weeks after I went AF, also had big trouble with insomnia...that has only seemed to calm down over the last 3-4 weeks after having a good dose of anti depressants,
          My liver hurt, my kidneys hurt...my body ached.....detox does this to you..I have made sure I'm giving my body a good run though by drinking lots of water and fruit juice...especially white grape, as this is a good wash through...and eating wholefoods and pulses, organic chicken and fish...
          I take solgar multi vits, citalopam, and herbal sleep supps, but I did take a complex detox supplement for the first 6 weeks also.

Mentally, you seem to be going at this beautifully my dear, sorry for the rough weekend sweetie...that's the trouble with life, just coz the boozin stops, the troubles don't, but you are SO right...it is much easier to tackle these with a clear head...good on you girl for not using the sauce to 'see you through'...

The weird and wonderful projects sound interesting...the Melon IS intrigued....I tend to spend most of my time on my own these days, but I'm really starting to enjoy my own company instead of being scared of it...I am quite a peaceful person to be around these days, so I take myself off for little jaunts at the weekend with a new book and find a shady tree to park the carcass under...heaven!!!

You are sounding GOOD my friend.......
          Here's to you!!!! (raising of a glass of white grape juice with a couple of ice cubes)
          Weemelon xx

Comment

Elizabeth:
            Milk Thistle gave me HORRIBLE headaches. I couldn't figure it out at first cause I was taking all the supps and the Topa. Was so tired and had headaches. Finally stopped everything but the Topa for about a week and then just started the vitamins again. Then added the Kudzu a week later. Then added the Milk Thistle the next week and BAM...HEADACHES! You might try to give that up and see if that is what is causing them.

Sending cyber pain relief!!!!
            Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Hi Elizabeth,
              I had a headache for what seemed a very long time when I first stopped but this too shall pass..it did for me.With the pains in the vitals areas its probably good sense to check with the doctor but my liver cried like a baby for a while too if that sets your mind at ease at all.The sadness,the lonleyness, I felt this all too and this will pass too. I was a bottle of Vodka a day girl so I was pretty sure there were going to be some physical effects from the pummelling I was giving my insides and outsides for that matter(falling down drunk is not just an expression) and I wasnt dissappointed.It took a little while for me to get a good sleeping pattern and at one stage I was so tired at times, I could have "slept on a clothes line" as Irish Lady(Louise) put it.
              Be patient, it is all worthwhile in the end.Stay strong with those emotional challenges.
              Good luck and keep us posted on your progress....
              Love
              Victoria xxooxx

Comment

This too shall pass. Increase your fluids..I love Cranberry juice mixed with seltzer water...not so many calories. I also like hot Cranberry juice...very good when rainy and cold. Lots of whole grains too...like said before...Fiber. Read your labels. Anything that starts out with Enriched is not so good. Also look to see where the sugars are in the labels...second or third ingredient...not so good .Fat Free is a Lie...they substitue with corn syrup and corn syrup solids...sugar. Decrease your sugar intake...it's hard I know! I love Butterfingers. Hang in there. It does get better.

Comment

Hey E,

The aches do go after while. Popeye is right though, that dehydration can ache out your kidneys and liver.

The sleep issues are a pain in the . . . that gets better also.

Weemelon is right, you are going about this in stellar mental capacity!! Your strength is amazing.

A quick set of blood studies would be a good place to start though. You can have them as your starting ground work too.

Best of luck on this journey!
                  Hugs,
                  Mary

Comment

seems like you got alot of advice. Got sober many times. Detox unitsthe last time you might want to check with a Dr. Tom

Comment

I agree with the advice about a seeing a doctor, if you can. For the tension and stress I really like the calms forte and the L-glutamine. The l-glut is supposed to be for cravings but it seems to calm down a lot of stuff for me.

You are doing an amazing job. Take care of yourself.
                      Reach deep, find your will power.

Comment

Everyone, Thanks so much for the valuable advice.

Everyone, Thanks so much for the valuable advice. Yep a trip to the doc and some blood tests is on the cards, if anything just to settle my mind. I'll give Milk Thistle a few days break and watch the reaction. I will drink more water too!:thanks:

Weemelonhead I see you guage yourself as chatty, intrigued and you like reading. I'll fill you in on one of my projects later on.
                        A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Milk Thistle has been giving me similar headaches. I've been told that you need to drink HEAPS of water and that should help minimise them.

You're doing so well. Keep at it Elizabeth!

Doo
                          :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Thanks Doo
                            A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

Working...
                            X