Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please explain the Hippyman / evie lou situation??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very confused and disturbed as to this whole Hippyman/evie lou situation. Is it that easy to high jack someone account? Or is this some sick joke?!
    "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
    ~Author Unknown
    AF since February 4, 2013

Sent you a PM.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

I logged in last night and was delighted to see Hippyman back and now it turns out it may not be him but an Evie Lou impersonating him? I'm confused also can anyone explain whats happing?

Comment

Foxy,

Evie Lou was banned from MWO some years ago. It appears that she came back, under the guise of being Hippyman. Loooooooooooooooooooong story, but there was some bad fallout on the boards at the time. Lots of posts were deleted at the time as well.

Hugely disappointing, but not unexpected on Internet forums.
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Ahh thanks for clearing it up Tipps that does explain it. Thought Hippyman was a bit too happy at times. I didn't know evie lou as i joined later but what i heard from other peeps that did know her was that she some mentel health issues and upset a lot of peeps with nasty posts. Silly thing to do but best not give her any more attention as that what it appears to be right now. I hope she gets the helps she needs.

Comment

Firefox;1492200 wrote: Ahh thanks for clearing it up Tipps that does explain it. Thought Hippyman was a bit too happy at times. I didn't know evie lou as i joined later but what i heard from other peeps that did know her was that she some mentel health issues and upset a lot of peeps with nasty posts. Silly thing to do but best not give her any more attention as that what it appears to be right now. I hope she gets the helps she needs.
            WOW!

One certainly needs to keep your back to the wall with some people......but then I knew that already.

But still .......WOW !!!!!

Comment

Some people just have too much time on their hands !
              Meow-Meow
              MonaKitty

Comment

Tipps, an excellent explanation. I knew E.L. back then.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

So hippyman was a fake? WTF? What is going on? So now is he/she Evie?

Comment

I could sum it up in a few words, but it wouldn't come out very nice, so I won't.
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

struggles;1492408 wrote: So hippyman was a fake? WTF? What is going on? So now is he/she Evie?
                      Maybe, Evie Lou created Hippyman to be accepted here at MWO. Fearing if she said who she really was, that she wouldn't be accepted. A place where she once may have felt accepted, loved. A place she belonged, a part of something. Not isolated. Alcoholism is a lonely disease. Maybe even became sober here. Afraid to say who she really is. I can understand. Doesn't make it right. But, then who wishes to have this fecking problem? For some there is underlying mental health issues to.

I'm speculating. Maybe I'm wrong to. Yet, I'm a compassionate person, along with some insights & instincts. A person who if was younger would likely go into counseling. Who knows, maybe I will still follow the advice of my own counselors.

The years I lurked here off & on, there was so much bickering, I couldn't handle this place. I was looking for peace, recovery, not more stress, darkness & drama. Even tho I admit to creating plenty in my life, for I made my own choices. I'm accountable, responsible for many parts. The biggest is becoming healthy & whole. It's the best choice I've ever made.

I believe in forgiveness, second, third & however many chances a person needs to make their life whole. However, I also believe it's not fair to "dupe" others. Each person will react & respond differently. There's a difference in reacting verses responding.

Evie, I do kinda remember you being banned from here. Just don't remember the details. I don't remember what I had for lunch last wk. I thought there was something not right with your consistent, persona of happiness. I didn't post back to you often. My gut instincts were signaling me to back away. The longer I stay in recovery, the more I become in tune with healthy minded individuals. Yet, the Internet, or even f2f isn't always truth telling either.

There's another member here who concerns me as well.

Evie lou, I believe there was another member here at MWO who was also banned in earlier yrs. I think you have some problems that are far out of the scope of MWO's members who can help you with certain things. I sincerely hope you will seek out professional help!

It's up to the current off site Mod's & a few healthy, stable, long term sober members to give in put & contact them on how to proceed with your membership.

Whatever happens, I wish you healing, peace, love, sobriety, & recovery!... You aren't alone, you are important, you are worth it!.... :l

Comment

Evie Lou was always supportive of me. I was not part of the conflict, can't speak to that. I'll bet she is not the only one to have used multiple identities here. Maybe the first to be so honest about it.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I dont see what harm shes done as Hippieman, she didnt have much alternative I suppose seen as the way she was removed. I was a part of that drama , I was banned too for a while and used another identity. I always felt bad about what happened cos Evie certainly didn't do me any harm. I was drunk and getting involved with something I knew very little about, sorry Evie. I will always remember the spot on reading you did for me, wish Id kept it. I think you should stay, just change the man in hippie man to woman or gal or evie!!

Comment

I wasn't going to say anything at all about this but we have been lied to over and over again. I know alcoholics can be the biggest liars on the planet but MWO has become our haven for total honesty and truth. I have never lied, never pretended to be any other than I am. An alcoholic.
                            Whether he/she has 20 identities is not the point. When I reply or share information I tell it like it is and from my heart. I expect the same respect to me and all the other members here.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I agree JC....
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X