Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please explain the Hippyman / evie lou situation??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it will pass. These things always blow over... and it's only to be expected that there will be differences of opinion.

I apologize for my part in the goings-on on this thread. No more negativity from me... only positivity... it's done and dusted.

As K9 said, I hope everyone just stays put. Let's move on...

Comment

I have been traveling and am just now able to really catch up on MWO posts of the past few days.

First, a huge thanks to One Red Shoe for asking about clarification. I appreciated the way she and others noticed that HippyMan had not been posting. When I logged on today, I couldn't figure out what was going on until I saw this thread. Her question is one I wanted to ask.

Second, I do hope Evie/HippyMan -- whoever, comes back to this site. As someone who has been working for three years to kick AL from my life, I appreciate the way MWO members support me, even when I have caved in to temptation. Learn from the past, start with a new AF day, and keep trying. All of us with alcohol issues/problems/addictions will benefit from the MWO community.

Best wishes for an AF day or night wherever you may be!
      Free at Last
      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Zenstyle;1492979 wrote: Yes, it will pass. These things always blow over... and it's only to be expected that there will be differences of opinion.

I apologize for my part in the goings-on on this thread. No more negativity from me... only positivity... it's done and dusted.

As K9 said, I hope everyone just stays put. Let's move on...
        I second that.................next!
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

People make mistakes........us alcoholics can attest to that ! If someone wants to comes back, but someone won't forgive them........well. A second chance is something we must allow. If they don't prove worthy......then that's it. Tony
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Moving on from all of this makes great sense folks. Negativity never helped anyone with an alcohol problem.
            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

IAD;1493216 wrote: People make mistakes........us alcoholics can attest to that ! If someone wants to comes back, but someone won't forgive them........well. A second chance is something we must allow. If they don't prove worthy......then that's it. Tony
              THAT was exactly my thoughts on the matter.....should the powers be willing

Better 'the devil we can keep an eye on' than another false persona and a rerun of this fiasco IMO

Comment

May I just say one small thing:

While I understand both sides of this situation, the bottom line IMO is about Accountabily and Honesty- without these 2 Critical components in our recovery then our recovery is partial, incomplete.

I have seen neither of these efforts put forward by this person...unless I missed something.

I hope she/he decides to help themselves with these important aspects of recovery and I hope we can all figure out a way to lend a hand without feeling used and abused.

Just my :cents
                :l
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Has anyone heard from Hippy/Evie?? I am concerned that she is not doing well. Everything else aside, she needs help...
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I have sent her two PM's, only heard back from the first one.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Try not to worry Sunny and Niner. I know that her husband has been supportive in the past, and I am fairly sure he will continue to be a support system now.

I'm not dismissing it as something "small"... but this kind of thing happened before and she came back in one piece. It could be that she doesn't want to post right now because she's embarrassed, you know? Or maybe she's just pulling herself together first?

It's not nice for anyone to fall off the straight and narrow... but thankfully she's not alone.

Comment

I hear ya' Zennie. I'll step back and let her breathe. I sent a PM too but I will refrain from "buggin" as I tend to do. LOL
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Yikes, so much drama. Not what we need in recovery.
                          Meow-Meow
                          MonaKitty

Comment

Zenstyle;1493487 wrote: Try not to worry Sunny and Niner. I know that her husband has been supportive in the past, and I am fairly sure he will continue to be a support system now.
                            Zen, are you saying that this is is not Hippyman but Hippywoman

Anyhow, my conspiracy theory was that it was just a new drivel of psychotic baclofen 'cooker' and pusher Bill P alias LoOp.

Comment

chaos;1493546 wrote: Zen, are you saying that this is is not Hippyman but Hippywoman

Anyhow, my conspiracy theory was that it was just a new drivel of psychotic baclofen 'cooker' and pusher Bill P alias LoOp.
                              I had the same thought. All my pms to Lo0p asking for help contacting Hippyman went unanswered. I suspected a Bac controversy.
                              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

i dont get it still?was hippyman banned because its really this other person?and how did they find out anyways?someone explain i dont understand
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X