Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a difference a year makes

You are BRAVE Pingu!
    Thanks for sharing. While many say, it helps the newer members, I think it also serves as a reminder for the ones who think they have licked the problem and can start again. Just my thoughts.
    BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Well done Pingupurplepants :-), Thanks for sharing this.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thank you Pingu, just what I needed to read.
        FT
        AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
        As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Pingu. You never know who will read what you wrote and take enough hope from it to put the bottle down. That's what it's all about - you are indeed giving back!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

A very interesting post, thanks for that.

I'm coming up to one year in a bit, and I was wondering if I was doing the right things, and if I would fall into a void after the 365th day. Your post helped me in that it's good to read it's normal to still have doubts, to have the feeling like living in some kind of bubble (or fog).

One of the things that bug me is that I don't know why it "works" for me this time. I don't post here often because I don't feel I have any answers - and of course, there's always the chance that I'll fail tomorrow, next week, or next year... Not that I worry about it too much, it's not too hard right now. It's more that I feel like my brain is rebooting or something. Very hard to explain.

So yeah, your post struck a chord alright!

Comment

Thanks Pingu for the inspiration, just over 15 months sober here and like you Find it hard to get used to the change.

But every now and then I get a real nice feeling and I get thoughts and sensations I have not felt for years..Eh Childhood to be exact

I am committed and nO matter how bored or strange I feel I am never going back to the prison and obsession of AlcoHell.

Thanks again , you lead the way !
              Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

pingu1997;1491867 wrote: Someone asked me the other day what I got from being on this site. It got me thinking About whether there was something that I should or could give back....

But I'm not sure what. All I seem to do is waffle on in the army thread or send a few pms if someone is struggling. I have little to offer apart from words of support. In some respect I feel a bit hopeless really

So what can people like me give to others? I'd happily be someone's sober buddy, friend, accountable person. But I'd never offer that to an individual without being asked. I'm not very forthright in that respect. A little shy, despite the bravado.

Be interested to hear from anyone on their thoughts. I find it really weird that I don't feel helpful to anyone when I have the benefit of over 2 years sobriety, and a good few struggles along the way

Much love p3
                Couldn't resist spiriting your question over to this wonderful thread. You ARE SO INCREDIBLY Helpful to so many here (including moi, )

I loved your story and your journal- and I thought the same as Mamma Bear- I would kill for That gorgeous handwriting of yours!

I'm not as far in my journey as you but will copy this into my own journal as a beacon and blue print of days to come.

Thank you Triple P ! :thanks:

:l
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                X