Want to find recovery? Stay focused.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love My Way Out. If not for Roberta Jewell and her book, CD's, supplements, and wonderful support forum who knows where I would be today. MWO has been, and continues to be a recovery life line for me, and an important part of my recovery support network.

The forum has gone through many ups and downs over the years. An dear departed friend of mine from AA used to say "we are all sick, and some of us are sicker than others." I know I was very sick when I first came here, and continue to work at getting well. It's a day by day thing.

What can take me off course? Getting distracted by drama, bickering, etc. that has nothing to do with my own sobriety. It's going to happen. The lesson in the crazy stuff for me is that I need to learn how to deal with crazy stuff in life. Calmly. Soberly. While staying focused on what matters in my life, which is not someone else's drama.

I type this because saw a couple newbies post in dismay over recent events. Don't despair. Find the sober people who have what you want. Figure out how they got it, and do what they are doing. That's it.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Thanks DG

PEACE, LOVE AND LIGHT TO ALL :l:h
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

Comment

I love you guys! I hope we all find that which we seek - peace, health, and sobriety.
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Thank you for the perspective, Doggygirl.

The fact is that MWO is an internet forum, and it is subject to all the BS that internet forums are capable of.

With that said, MWO is a very special forum. When I came here, I was at my bottom and pretty badly defeated. The people here gave me SUPPORT and TOOLS to find an AF life for myself. It cost me nothing but my own effort. The people that help me (and still do) receive nothing for their work as far as I know. That makes it a pretty special place to me.

Don't sweat the small stuff, friends! Let's get back to our usual business of racking out the AF days/weeks/months/years.
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Lovely post DG.

Comment

Great post DG, in my first year of getting sober i would have been reacting to what has happen with anger now as time goes on my mindset has changed, i wonder is it a stage of early recovery that some/all people have.
            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Thanks DG. Words from the wise!
              All that matters is our sobriety, because without that, we have nothing!
              Day 1 again 11/5/19
              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi All
                Great post Dg!!
                If you have been here awhile you know drama is just part of this place. In a month this will mean nothing but will you still be sober. That is what is important. Be prepared for other surprises here just as in life and use the tools you have for dealing with them.
                I have been in the chat room when it used to be very active and have read the worst things people could say to each other. The people who took the abuse are stil sober. What was said hurt them but it wasn't allowed to derail there sober life.
                MWO is a great support for people who have alcohol problems. I think at times it is helpful to read about or participate in other programs it helps put this place in perspective.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                AF. 5-16-08
                Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                AF 5-16-08

Comment

well said everyone
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I was hoping you'd stop by. Thank you! :l

Comment

SOBRIETY AND MWO

I love this place! Several years ago I was on a forum, and I was trying so hard. I was a wreck and I needed all the help I could get.

I was attacked mercilessly for not going to AA. It was really weird and awful and seems a liketime ago. These people were horrible to me when I was vulnerable. I cried a lot.

I am not religious and this is a huge problem for some people. Sad but true.

But HERE-whole different story. It means so much to me that I check in here forst thing every day.

Peace and love to all

Comment

Working...
                      X