Army Thread Thursday 18th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep going Inchy and reccie and hopefully u will be able to stay sober for longer, stay close to the boards x
    I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
    Audrey Hepburn

Comment

hugs to all
      esp reccie and Inchy
      LPC- I have been wondering where you are
      Mama is home for second day with horrible stomach bug......keep racing to the the potty.....bleh
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mamma that stomach bug sounds awful
        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Recluse;1493852 wrote: . Explains my increasingly infrequent posts. Get help as soon as you can because this horrible disease is progressive.

Not sure if the normal bloods is good news or bad news. If they had shown up a problem then at least the doc would have had a chance of prescribing something. Do you plan on going back to the doc?
          :l Reccie - please take care of yourself :l

Yes I am back to a different doc on 16th for a full MOT - dragging Mr S with me kicking & screaming !
          Going to pin them down & get a copy of the bloods - so that I can investigate myself

Comment

Recluse;1493853 wrote: And in other news, the AA man managed to do a temporary repair to my exhaust this morning (well, the car's exhaust to be precise), much to my surprise, so I'm gonna cross me fingers and hope I can make it to the garage this afternoon.
            Yep - Mr S had that done some years back - temp job lasted for ages Reccie !

Comment

mollyka;1493866 wrote: Poor mama! And Inchy - and good news bout ur 'zaust Recs - I remember Joe used to tie things like that up wit string an stuff - seemed to work

In OTHER news just had goats cheese panini and didn't eat the crisps so since this cafe doesn't count calories I'll just call it 100 - deluded - moi??? ;-)
              Back to work :-( x
              Oh I don't care - taunt me if you wish - I have white fish to look forward to later ( yum) :upset:

Reccie - mushrooms & celery - my 2 favourite veggies !!

Comment

Hiyiz all again :wavin:

Just havin a wee lunch break then back to the painting ( Thats why me arms is sore Satz! V unfit i am.

Molly- eat that muffin FFS- lifes too short!
                Not a skinnymakin day for me- tuckin into a sausage soda Actually no day is skinnymakin with me, never have been nor never will be skinny. As me Granny says- 'your well-mended C':H

Satz - wonder if yer lethargy/aches are related to being off the grog? Not sure how long yer off it, but know i had awful tiredness for first few months, still do but nowhere near as bad. Do you take supplements?
                BTW re yer white fish - was listening to Pat Kenny this morn and he had some woman on talkin bout how there's alot of fraud in fish industry and alot of fish is not what it says on the tin so to speak

Mama- sorry yer not well, sounds like a horrible bug, hope you can take it easy today:l

Pinky- good luck with the studying xx

Reccie and Inchy- good to see ya's both As the others say stick around and dont stop trying, one day it will stick xx
                Inchy - i admire your bravery. I was aware i had a prob with drink in me 20s but didnt have the courage to address or even admit it, wasted a whole decade of me life and held meself back on many levels.
                Reccie- glad ye got yer exhaust sorted albeit temporary- noisy buggers when they go.

Now should i have another coffee or get back ta work?

Comment

mama bear;1493856 wrote: Mama is home for second day with horrible stomach bug......keep racing to the the potty.....bleh
                  Hope you're feeling better soon mrs bear :l

satz123;1493861 wrote: Yes I am back to a different doc on 16th for a full MOT - dragging Mr S with me kicking & screaming !
                  Going to pin them down & get a copy of the bloods - so that I can investigate myself
                  I think that's absolutely the right approach, satzy. I've learnt not to assume that the experts know everything and can't make mistakes. They're all human and they also only know what they've been taught themselves.

satz123;1493862 wrote: Yep - Mr S had that done some years back - temp job lasted for ages Reccie !
                  That's encouraging. Decided not to go to the garage today after all as they didn't have a courtesy car available and I didn't fancy walking 8 miles each way.

mollyka;1493866 wrote:
                  In OTHER news just had goats cheese panini and didn't eat the crisps so since this cafe doesn't count calories I'll just call it 100 - deluded - moi??? ;-)
                  Ahem...it''s amazing what you can find on the Internet these days, molly:
                  Goat's cheese panini Calories and Nutrition Facts - DailyBurn Tracker

satz123;1493867 wrote:
                  Reccie - mushrooms & celery - my 2 favourite veggies !!
                  Really? I usually bung a carrot or two in for good measure and spice it up a bit as well.

sweetpea29;1493869 wrote:
                  BTW re yer white fish - was listening to Pat Kenny this morn and he had some woman on talkin bout how there's alot of fraud in fish industry and alot of fish is not what it says on the tin so to speak
                  Yep, and it's not a local problem either, sweetpea. The BBC website had an article about it a couple of weeks ago

BBC News - Mislabelled fish slip into Europe's menus

Comment

No sign of JC, the slave-driving Mr JC must be making her do overtime. Anyway, the kettle's on

Comment

I'm back for a wee break before evening work

Had a fab time singing at school

And I asked my teacher if I could sit grade 3 cello this term. I think she's still getting over the shock lol

I need a challenge as I'm cutting right back on Meds to see how I get on....
                      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Mmm...you're really moving on pingu. Cello, ice skating. etc It's good to see.

Comment

Marnin/arvo me auld muckers!

Happy Birthday Mario, if ye check in… XXX

I don't know where my morning went. I sat down to go through some mail and sort through the mess on my desk and here I still sit hours later. That was weird! lol

Reccy... Could I try to convince you to look into addiction programmes in your area? Jackie sent me a link the other day for a search using one's post code... it brings up the available resources in that area... Find support | FRANK

Good news on the car. All my various repairs, balancing, rotating etc. came to over $1,000. ( It’s a 2001 though so it’s bound to have “issues”. It's a decent make though and it's endured REALLY well. This is the first real money I’ve had to put into it and it’s running great again.

Mama… I had that bug 2 weeks ago… it’s rather unpleasant! It lasted two days so hopefully you’ll be better by tomorrow… X

Tipps… Glad the antibiotics are kicking in. I HATE tooth pain. Maybe you can implement some new “strategies” to make life easier for yourself when your mum comes back? It would be an ideal time to introduce any little changes that you think would make things easier on you and Mrs T…

Satz… Getting me own MOT done now too. Got a recall on the mammograb I had done yesterday, which doesn’t please me greatly… they want to do an ultrasound. EKG and chest all good (got away with the smoking gig!). Doc’s assistant said the blood work was “fine” whatever that means… I’ll call back and ask to talk to the Doc a bit more in depth. Well woman scheduled for next week. Gah! I hate going to the Docs.

*waves* Yoo hoo to a’body else…

Comment

Look at this... Nelz's official "Quit Smoking" logo for Zenny... :H

(Zenny looks like she had a rough night out!)

p.s. Oh lewk! I'm sitting on me new deck!

Comment

Recluse;1493882 wrote:

Yep, and it's not a local problem either, sweetpea. The BBC website had an article about it a couple of weeks ago

BBC News - Mislabelled fish slip into Europe's menus
                              Haven't read the link yet Reccie but
                              I's been saying this for years - to deaf ears :upset:
                              Was told by an old fishmonger once - that Cod skin cannot be taken off - so if you see skinless Cod it's actully Pollock - being sold as Cod.
                              Nothing wrong with Pollock per se but Cod is a much more expensive fish !

Like the Horse v Beef debacle :egad:

Comment

Recluse;1493902 wrote: Mmm...you're really moving on pingu. Cello, ice skating. etc It's good to see.
                                Thank you. Tis much more productive not being drunk every night. In those days I achieved nothing...
                                I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Working...
                                X