Army Thread Friday 19th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mollyka;1494289 wrote: Reccie - I cannot tell u how happy that makes me - I'm flyin here s'posed b covering fones for lunch - but when I saw this I did a little mental YAY!!! laters
    Aww...thanks molly. I've got an assessment appointment next Thursday lunchtime. Now all I've got to do is make sure I'm safe to drive there.

Comment

Wreckers: that is the bestest news! :goodjob:

:wavin: Army
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Oh Beloved Mr Bear...you have made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Hiya Army!!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1494339 wrote: Wreckers: that is the bestest news! :goodjob:

:wavin: Army
          :wavin:Tipperooney
          :wavin:Ms Bear

Comment

Sent Ms A a text wishing her the best of luck in the London Marathon - no response yet !
            Anyone heard from her this week ?

Comment

satz123;1494337 wrote: Think about taking AB Reccie - it is a great tool - honestly.
              Molls sent me some last year when I started out and they have literally saved me from myself many times.
              I'll ask my GP about it when I see her satzy. Don't really know much about it. Can it be used to gradually increase the interval between drinking sessions?

Hi mrs bear and mr tips

Comment

satz123;1494345 wrote: Sent Ms A a text wishing her the best of luck in the London Marathon - no response yet !
                Anyone heard from her this week ?
                Bit worrying, but she did post on Jackie's birthday thread on Wednesday. Maybe she's busy with preparations for the marathon. Actually, she might possibly be travelling down south today,

Comment

OK, I can't stand it! Molly et al, what is a nosey hole?
                  BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

BHOG;1494354 wrote: OK, I can't stand it! Molly et al, what is a nosey hole?
                    Someone who takes an excessive and unwanted interest in the affairs or activities of others, would be my take on it boggy.

Comment

Recluse;1494346 wrote: I'll ask my GP about it when I see her satzy. Don't really know much about it. Can it be used to gradually increase the interval between drinking sessions?
                      Well there are different schools of thought on how long it stays in your system Reccie.
                      You take it and you CAN'T drink alcohol or you will get your worse hangover symptoms X 10000000
                      I have not tested it. :egad:
                      Last year I just picked a day & popped a pill - I was terrified I drop down or something - not a bit of it.
                      When I came back from Oz - I made a decision to stop again. I waited 24 hours and then popped a pill. I was too chicken to even consider a drink for 4 days. Then as I was feelinfg so good I said 'feck it ' and took another and the time has just passed by like that.
                      Rarely think about it now but if I do take AB and there is no reason to think about it again for 4/5 days 'cos I don't want to be sick :goodjob:
                      I just changed my MO Reccs.
                      Made sure I had lots of good DVDs / Chocolate / and anything that would comfort me in the first few days.
                      I also made sure I could sleep when I went to bed. That is a killer if you can't look forward to early nights & sleep to get to next AF day.
                      Ask Doc too about something to MAKE you sleep to get over first few days.

Comment

BHOG;1494354 wrote: OK, I can't stand it! Molly et al, what is a nosey hole?
                        :waving: BOGGY !
                        In my case - 'Noseyhole' is this person who sahres a cube here in the office with me. He interupts my conversations, constant looking over my shoulder reading my screen. DRIVES me NUTS !!!

Comment

Recluse;1494358 wrote: Someone who takes an excessive and unwanted interest in the affairs or activities of others, would be my take on it boggy.
                          VERY POSH Reccie LOL:H

Comment

satz123;1494360 wrote: :waving: BOGGY !
                            In my case - 'Noseyhole' is this person who sahres a cube here in the office with me. He interupts my conversations, constant looking over my shoulder reading my screen. DRIVES me NUTS !!!
                            The word I would use for that person is not printable on a family site! So I will like, and use, noseyhole.
                            thank you for the very clear explanation!
                            BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

satz123;1494361 wrote: VERY POSH Reccie LOL:H
                              Yes, leave it to Recci to be, well, well mannered!
                              BHOG

Comment

mollyka;1494364 wrote: Flyin - goin home early afore I DECK someone !!!! MrsA is fine - she texted this morn - getting organised for marathon - shocked by Boston of course! C ye in jig time! Think I have a boyfriend ;-)

BOGGY : before you ask
                                To DECK someone is to knock them down with a punch in the GOB.

GOB = the face/ mouth

Therein is your lesson for today in Dublinese !:H
                                ( dialect in Dublin, Ireland)

Comment

Working...
                                X