Army Thread Friday 19th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon boys and girls - lovely day holiday, cleaning the fecking house :egad:

and for fun this evening I can go shopping, the fun in my life is just ongoing :H
    AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Recluse;1494287 wrote:
      I've decided to take zenny's advice and referred myself to the county Drug and Alcohol Action Team this morning. Waiting to see what happens next.

That's FANTASTIC news Reccy! Well done on starting the ball rolling. ) It's a daunting prospect but thinking about it is worse than actually doing it. Even if you have to go inpatient, you'll get through it OK. If I could do it, you can for sure. Just be open with them about what?s going on in your life, and let them take the lead with what they think is the best approach for you... :l:l:l Can't wait for them to get back to you now.

In other news, who punched the noseyhole in the gob and decked him? Was that you Satzuma? Letting your inner beast run wild?!

Bloody awful the goings-on in Boston. This fucking world is a mess. (

Comment

spiderwoman;1494371 wrote: Afternoon boys and girls - lovely day holiday, cleaning the fecking house :egad:

and for fun this evening I can go shopping, the fun in my life is just ongoing :H
        Well, it sounds like your fun life and mine are about the same, Spidey!

And Satz- thank you for the language lessons!
        BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

In a totally unrelated tidbit of information:
          A new, (US) nationwide study released to our paper today said 83% of American workers are stressed at work.
          Two causes tied for top stressors: Low pay, and too heavy a workload.

Just think, somebody got PAID to do this study!
          BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

BHOG;1494377 wrote: In a totally unrelated tidbit of information:
            A new, (US) nationwide study released to our paper today said 83% of American workers are stressed at work.
            Two causes tied for top stressors: Low pay, and too heavy a workload.

Just think, somebody got PAID to do this study!
            :H:H:H

Ah yeah, but they prolly didn't get paid very much and I'm sure that will stress them out...............................

Comment

Just ate a humungus bar of chocolate - just 'cos I could - feel sick :yuk:
              OK - I'm off homeward vis da shops !

Later gaters.

LOVE FRIDAY EVENINGS:h:h

Comment

I'd love friday evenings more if they started earlier! LOL
                BHOG

Comment

I'm making crumble, got friends coming over for bring and share meal...
                  I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

And I am out of here for now, Army, my work day is over! I may be on later today, don't know for sure.
                    Stay Strong!
                    BHOG

Comment

satz123;1494359 wrote: I also made sure I could sleep when I went to bed. That is a killer if you can't look forward to early nights & sleep to get to next AF day.
                      Ask Doc too about something to MAKE you sleep to get over first few days.
                      Honestly, I've tried loads of different things to help with the sleep and I reckon the only thing that would work apart from huge quantities of booze is general anaesthetic. Which reminds me, you never sent me your address so that I can send you a cheque for the ubermag. I shall expect your PM in my inbox by tomorrow lunchtime at the latest!

satz123;1494361 wrote: VERY POSH Reccie LOL
                      No-one could possibly accuse me of being posh. Wait till you meet me.

Zenstyle;1494373 wrote:
                      Just be open with them about what?s going on in your life, and let them take the lead with what they think is the best approach for you... :l:l:l Can't wait for them to get back to you now.
                      I'll be as open with them as I can, zenny. They actually already did get back to me. Assessment appointment next Thursday.

mollyka;1494380 wrote:
                      Hi Spidy - and well done getting the ball rolling Reccie. Just keep an open mind, cos like Zens says, some of it can be a wee bit daunting - specially for peeps like you and me - a bit eerrmm 'reclusive' - cos I really understand that. But I just opened my mind and believed that as I had made an arse of getting sober that far, they knew shedloads more than me bout it all - and I let them at it!
                      I like to think I'm generally open minded about most things, molly, but the idea of doing anything of the inpatient variety scares the shit out of me. FFS, I met my best friends (ok my only friends) in Dublin for one day and I've done little other than drink since I got back. Gawd knows what would happen afterwards if I was stuck with a bunch of complete strangers for 28 days or whatever.

Apologies for this post being so self-centred, but I didn't want to be rude and not acknowledge the posts that were directed at me either.

Comment

mollyka;1494397 wrote: Now I must attend to my own recovery ---- orf to Aftercare -- I mean it, don't frighten yourself -- just let it all happen - you may really really surprise yourself.
                        You are a lovely lovely man, and you deserve so much more than your life as it is now. thank you for calling me your friend, I consider that a huge compliment xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        Yep, you must indeed attend to your own recovery. Nothing more important than that in the world. Hope Aftercare goes well.

And of course you're my friend you daft bugger! :l

Comment

Apple, blueberry and honey crumble served with home made raspberry ice cream.....

Anyone?
                          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Evening army oh that sounds yummy Pingu i'll have some. Just have a baked patoto in the oven and i'm having salmon coleslaw and sweetcorn with it for dinner. I'm struggling a bit this evening not to go and get wine but i won't give in and i'll stick close to the boards this evening i hate this inner strugle in my head that is the curse of alcoholism. Thats good news Reccie that you have an appointment for thursday. Well done on taking the firsr step.:thumbs:

Comment

:hallo:
                              Off to read back.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Recluse;1494287 wrote: Forgot to say good afternoon army. :hallo:

I've decided to take zenny's advice and referred myself to the county Drug and Alcohol Action Team this morning. Waiting to see what happens next.
                                Oh my goodness me, you have no idea the happy dancing going on here. Bloody well done, hun.:l

satz123;1494345 wrote:
                                Sent Ms A a text wishing her the best of luck in the London Marathon - no response yet !
                                Anyone heard from her this week ?
                                Got a wee text earlier. More or less the same as Molls. Will we be watching Sunday morning.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X