Army Thread Saturday 20th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mollyka;1494812 wrote: It doesn't DO anything --- just smells nice --- were you not a child of the '70's - Dandelion Market an all that??? Best perfume in the world - but you can only get it in Indian shops these days, and there don't seem to be any Indian shops
    It's available on Amazon if that's any help, molly.

Hiya satzy :hallo:

Comment

Found this description of patchouli oil on the Urban Dictionary and had to laugh!

Hippie perfume.

An oil worn as perfume by dirty hippies in lieu of showering or bathing in any way. Used to mask the scent of marijuana and week old body odor, but usually it merely mixes with the scent to form a new, BO/Patchouli combo that can repulse even those who are olfactorally challenged, except for hippies, who love it.

Comment

Recluse;1494814 wrote: It's available on Amazon if that's any help, molly.

Hiya satzy :hallo:
        :wavin: Reccie

Comment

Recluse;1494816 wrote: Found this description of patchouli oil on the Urban Dictionary and had to laugh!

Hippie perfume.

An oil worn as perfume by dirty hippies in lieu of showering or bathing in any way. Used to mask the scent of marijuana and week old body odor, but usually it merely mixes with the scent to form a new, BO/Patchouli combo that can repulse even those who are olfactorally challenged, except for hippies, who love it.
          yup that's about right :H:H:H

Comment

Evening army. I remember wearing Patchouli oil as a teen in the 70's it was very stong sweet and musky. i wouldn't wear it now on its own but some pefumes still have it in their mix. Yeah was a real hippy perfume then lol. I remember going to the Dandelion market at the weekends also it used to be packed. Shag all on tv tonight i'm watching hoarders on sky home and health.

Comment

I'm a chile of the 70s and never wore it............runs up the Amazon to get some. I hate missing out.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1494829 wrote: Ah great!! Will get loads then, tis like gold dust!!

I've now gone off you Reccie:H:H
                Cannot TELL you how many people of a certain age come into the library and search for the source of the lovely smell!!! I've made LOADS of friends on the strength of that alone --- and I'll have yiz know -- I wash at least every month:H
                Yep - once a monthe - whether she needs it or not :H:H

Comment

JackieClaire;1494830 wrote: I'm a chile of the 70s and never wore it............runs up the Amazon to get some. I hate missing out.
                  A chile from the 70's JC ?? Must be gone off by now :H:H

Comment

satz123;1494835 wrote: A chile from the 70's JC ?? Must be gone off by now :H:H
                    :H:H
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1494829 wrote: I've now gone off you Reccie:H:H
                      Cannot TELL you how many people of a certain age come into the library and search for the source of the lovely smell!!! I've made LOADS of friends on the strength of that alone --- and I'll have yiz know -- I wash at least every month:H
                      Sorry molls, I couldn't resist posting it! :H And I wasn't trying to imply that you don't wash. I'm sure it smells great.

Comment

I was born in 1961 so not too young to remember going to the dandelion with mates and sometimes my sister and hubby think i was still in primary school first time. There used to be lots of Indian shops around in the 70's 80's as i used to love some of the stuff theyt sold but none of those clothing trinket shops about now as its not so fashionable anymore. I used to love buying stuff from them like clothes ornaments etc and patchouli and other perfume oils. Do you still weat patchouli oil Molly? Whats everyone up to this saturday evening? Just watching tv here and i started the latest Martina Cole book called life.

Comment

I'm on and off fb too and was playing candy crush earlier. Just watching Brenden o Conner now prabaly get to bed in bout an hour.

Comment

Ye Gods - I can't stand the smell of it (patchouli). I don't know why - I've never like it. It's still pretty readily available here if you ever need me to get some for you.
                            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Hi Siren i've gone off the smell of patchouli but i don't mind it mixed in with other fragrences. How are you today?

Comment

:bedtime: Night Army.

Comment

Working...
                                X