Army Thread Sunday 21st April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mama bear;1495029 wrote: Molls...it's been hanging on since Tuesday...and my house looks like a clan of bears live here since no one does anything when Mama is sick.....
    You would think Hubs is dying (insets evil chuckle)
    just a call us the Farty Pants Family!
    "Farty Pants, Farty Pants -what are they feeding you" :notes: :H

Comment

ok losing the plot here - best get and do something constructive ......er .....

Comment

satz123;1495040 wrote: ok losing the plot here - best get and do something constructive ......er .....
        That's just made me howl laughing. :H:H Haven't a clue why.

Yo Mamma.

Grated apple and flat cola. That'll soon get them on their feet and while they're off their feet get a roster going about who does what.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

the problem with the farting is the hitchhikers that come along for the ride right now
          Oh Satzy...you dropped it?????
          I have cooked and eaten nothing but toast for four days......easy peasy
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

off to google London marathon
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mollyka;1495046 wrote: Well it'll get them on their feet alright - and runnin for the hills:H How VILE would THAT be???? Now tell the truth JackieClaire - cos after all this is an honest programme - have you ever ACHULLY ingested said medicine???
              Not in the same glass, ya daft bat.

I have indeed. Has to be full sugar cola,mind. The doctor told me rather than wasting loads of cash on special stuff for the trots.

Never did the grated apple but it seemed to work for the kids. Unless the very threat of me running after them with an apple and the grater seem to have performed some kind of miracle.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello again

Back from Sainsbury's. My morning plans went out of the window cos I got involved in e-mail negotiations with a bloke who's going to come and (try to) sort out my overgrown lawn on Wednesday, so I set off over an hour late. Anyway, mrs a seems to have made a good solid start. Has anyone spotted her on the telly at all? I've not had a chance to read back yet and you guys have been very chatty this morning.

Comment

No I didn't make a crumble - are you MAD !!!
                  No I was continuing the poem from Molls perspective : SHE made the crumble ............................SHE is up to ninety........ SHE is running around with no time for sore toes ......... oh ................bet Wordsworth didn't have this problem :egad:

Comment

Frayed not, Reccy. They seem to concentrating on the elite runners at the moment.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Recluse;1495052 wrote: Hello again

Back from Sainsbury's. My morning plans went out of the window cos I got involved in e-mail negotiations with a bloke who's going to come and (try to) sort out my overgrown lawn on Wednesday, so I set off over an hour late. Anyway, mrs a seems to have made a good solid start. Has anyone spotted her on the telly at all? I've not had a chance to read back yet and you guys have been very chatty this morning.
                      :waving: Reccie
                      You caught me just about to do something meaningful ! Not sure what yet !:H

Comment

JackieClaire;1495054 wrote: Frayed not, Reccy. They seem to concentrating on the elite runners at the moment.
                        Whizzy is an elite runner, dammit!!! :stomper:

Comment

Indeed she is. We'll have to write to the someone very important.

Right must away and get these blessed phones.

Bacinabit.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Fantastic....half way there and a very respectable time to boot. :goodjob:

Comment

Hello Army,

Back after a bit of an absence. Have had a bit of a rough patch with hubby and mom, hospitals, etc. All on the path to wellness now. Whew!!

For some reason, I got it into my head that I just needed to quit. Period. emailed my psych and begged for Antabuse. After much begging and pleading, she gave in. She was afraid I would kill myself by drinking on it.

Two days later, hubby came down very, very ill. With the blessings of sobriety and, in my opinion, a nudge from above, I have been able to be there for him through all of his illness and then mom's.

Hope all are doing well. I sure am. :-)

Love,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cinders;1495069 wrote: Hello Army,

Back after a bit of an absence. Have had a bit of a rough patch with hubby and mom, hospitals, etc. All on the path to wellness now. Whew!!

For some reason, I got it into my head that I just needed to quit. Period. emailed my psych and begged for Antabuse. After much begging and pleading, she gave in. She was afraid I would kill myself by drinking on it.

Two days later, hubby came down very, very ill. With the blessings of sobriety and, in my opinion, a nudge from above, I have been able to be there for him through all of his illness and then mom's.

Hope all are doing well. I sure am. :-)

Love,
                                Cindi
                                Hello cinders,

sorry to hear about the rough patch, but I'm equally pleased to hear that all are on the path to recovery. There's absolutely nothing more important than one's health. Congratulations on achieving sobriety (for whatever period of time). Keep it up! It's good to know that you are doing well. :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                                X