*grits teeth*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*grits teeth*

I was AF for roughly 10 days, then fell off the wagon with a thud heard round the world. I'm sitting here sick to my stomach, half because of drinking and half because I am trying to ignore the voices in my head calling me a big HUGE FAILURE.

*cries*

*wipes eyes and dusts off*

*climbs back on the wagon*

I will not drink today.
    "Feel the fear... move through it... do it anyway."
    Jillian Michaels

*grits teeth*

Hi, Marieth.

I think you were in the Newbies Nest awhile ago. That is a great place to hang out daily to get the motivation and support most of us need for kicking AL out of our lives. If you have lost track of where it is (very easy to do on MWO :H ), the link is in my signature. Have you checked out the toolbox? It also has some great tips that have worked for various people.

I hope to see you in the Nest!

-NS

Comment

*grits teeth*

Right then, Marieth,

You're back to fight another day, that's a success in my eyes. Believe you me I've been in your shoes more times than I care to mention.

Un-grit those teeth and relax. Get back yourself back into the Newbies nest and have nice long read of the tool box. You'll soon get your mojo back.

J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

*grits teeth*

I was a repeat offender myself. I got to 12 days twice and blew it...(countless 3,4, and 5 day stints). The sad thing was, that I found when I got to Day 13 that last time, something just switched in my head, and I realized this really is something I could do...I had just kept quitting before the magic happened. I'm so glad I didn't give up, as you can see I'm over 2 years sober now. Dust off, and get right back up....lesson learned! If I can do it, I know you can too. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

*grits teeth*

Good morning Marieth,
          We have all been where you are once or twice if not more, but the key is not to give up and keep fixing that flat tire on the wagon and get back on.
          I have had to fix mine several times and currently am hanging in there, but it is still one day at a time and with the great people here I am making it.
          FT
          AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
          As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

*grits teeth*

Hey Marieth

Good idea to get back on track. Sorry about your slip but it's not the end of the world.

I am very familiar with the self-recriminations afer the fall. Don't beat yourself up too much and take care

Comment

Working...
            X