Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Tuesday 23rd April

tiptronic_ct;1496050 wrote:
    Did you get the link to the onion marmalade recipe I posted the other day, Bhoggo?
    no--please gie it to me again!
    BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

BHOG;1496054 wrote: no--please gie it to me again!
      Here you go:

tiptronic_ct;1494943 wrote:
      Bhoggo: below is a link to the red onion marmalade recipe I used:

Red Onion Marmalade with Balsamic Vinegar

I adjusted it slightly though: reduced the red wine vinegar a bit and added more balsamic. Used mostly white granulated sugar and only about a 1/4 brown sugar. Plus added some freshly ground whole cloves for a slightly spicy undertone. I tripled the amounts and just used a larger pot and increased the cooking times.

You'll need to convert to American measurements, but that's easy enough.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1496050 wrote:

Mrs. T was happy enough with my meatballs.

How's the smoking thing, Zennie?
        Really? Well, that's very good to know Tipps.... :H Thanks for sharing!

The smoking thing is going swimmingly, ta for arskin. I'm started on week three already...

Comment

Zenstyle;1496057 wrote: Really? Well, that's very good to know Tipps.... :H Thanks for sharing!

The smoking thing is going swimmingly, ta for arskin. I'm started on week three already...
          :goodjob: on the NF front

No comment otherwise
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Afrikaans word of the day: "smulpaap" - a glutton.
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1496059 wrote:
              No comment otherwise
              Well, that's not like you!

How is Ma and is she enjoying being back in the fold?

:wavin: Boggy... me manners ain't the bestest sometimes!

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1496060 wrote: Afrikaans word of the day: "smulpaap" - a glutton.
                Hamish is a smulpaap. What's Afrikaans for a "thieving glutton"? That would be him...

Comment

mollyka;1496063 wrote: Hiya Zens and Tipps!

I s'pose as you prolly can't not drink tomorrow cos of withdrawals etc. it's a matter of trying to find the 'off' switch at an appropriate time tomorrow? No one knows more than me how hard that can be. In my case in my bad drinking days - I would time things that I had a lot to drink on a day off - that I would fall asleep in the afternoon in order to be 'sober' when Joe would come in.... would an afternoon sleep do it? You could then maybe not have anything - or maybe that's too long before the appointment -- have you any librium or anything like that you could take for withdrawals tomorrow night?
                  Just to add to that: it takes the liver about 1 hour to metabolise a standard unit of alcohol. How about measuring the stuff out Wrecks? And dump what' s left.
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hiya tips and zenny

I'd best not comment on tips' meatballs or the tone of the conversation will to go rapidly downhill.

Might your blahness not be connected to your efforts with the decking, zenny?

mollyka;1496063 wrote:

I s'pose as you prolly can't not drink tomorrow cos of withdrawals etc. it's a matter of trying to find the 'off' switch at an appropriate time tomorrow? No one knows more than me how hard that can be. In my case in my bad drinking days - I would time things that I had a lot to drink on a day off - that I would fall asleep in the afternoon in order to be 'sober' when Joe would come in.... would an afternoon sleep do it? You could then maybe not have anything - or maybe that's too long before the appointment -- have you any librium or anything like that you could take for withdrawals tomorrow night?
                    Under normal circumstances I would try to time things molly. Trouble is I've got a couple of blokes coming round late tomorrow afternoon to try and rescue my lawns and I think I need to be sober for that. So I'm just going to have to use every scrap of determination I have or maybe buy beer instead of whisky...that's probably the safest thing to do, thinking about it.

Edit: No, I've never had any AL type drugs.

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1496068 wrote: Just to add to that: it takes the liver about 1 hour to metabolise a standard unit of alcohol. How about measuring the stuff out Wrecks? And dump what' s left.
                      Yep, I will limit the number of units I have in the house before I start drinking, tips. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Evening all.

Funnily enough it's meat balls in the the JC house tonight, although in sweet and sour sauce.

Now then how we gonna get you to your appointment on Thursday. Used to be 8 hours bottle to throttle in the RAF.

Ooooooooooh err I here you say, the RAF. My old boss was a fighter pilot.Actually used to frighten the bejaysus out of me that he would fly 300 metres above the ground only 8 hours after a regiment dinner but he survived.

So lets get this on military precison. Gawd I hate to tell you what to do Reccy but for the next 48 hours Reccy you're going to have to take your drink as if it was medicine.

I know they told me in de-tox one 5mg of diazapam was the equivalent of a double vodka/whiskey. I was on 10mg so that'll be 2 X doubles every 4/5 hours later another one. No more than 5 doubles during the day. It may be easier if you got some wine. The volume will probably help fill your tummy. Obviously if the withdrawals get horrendous get medical help ( did I tell you my husband was a lawyer).........oh and start now.

So try and keep that going 'til 8 hours before the appointment.

On the other hand call a taxi. It might cost you an arm and a leg but it'll be worth every penny.

ooh just had another thought. Contact the place and tell them you're up to your ears in booze and need help getting there. They may be able to arrange something.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks Jackie. I know what I've got to do now. Should have thought of it much earlier, shows how pickled my brain has become. I was worrying about missing the appt cos I really do want to get there cos I know I need help.

Comment

JackieClaire;1496075 wrote: Evening all.

Funnily enough it's meat balls in the the JC house tonight, although in sweet and sour sauce.

Now then how we gonna get you to your appointment on Thursday. Used to be 8 hours bottle to throttle in the RAF.

Ooooooooooh err I here you say, the RAF. My old boss was a fighter pilot.Actually used to frighten the bejaysus out of me that he would fly 300 metres above the ground only 8 hours after a regiment dinner but he survived.

So lets get this on military precison. Gawd I hate to tell you what to do Reccy but for the next 48 hours Reccy you're going to have to take your drink as if it was medicine.

I know they told me in de-tox one 5mg of diazapam was the equivalent of a double vodka/whiskey. I was on 10mg so that'll be 2 X doubles every 4/5 hours later another one. No more than 5 doubles during the day. It may be easier if you got some wine. The volume will probably help fill your tummy. Obviously if the withdrawals get horrendous get medical help ( did I tell you my husband was a lawyer).........oh and start now.

So try and keep that going 'til 8 hours before the appointment.

On the other hand call a taxi. It might cost you an arm and a leg but it'll be worth every penny.

ooh just had another thought. Contact the place and tell them you're up to your ears in booze and need help getting there. They may be able to arrange something.
                            I think the taxi is the way to go Reccie ! The rest sounds like hard work and tricky and too stressful to get right. Is it far away ? Best to pay up than to miss it imvho !!!:l

Comment

I suppose it's a needs must,Molls.

We'll carry on talking about you as if you're not here,Reccy, darling.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sorry I have to interrupt this thread for the cutest thing I've seen in a long while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwXRwj9fkls[/video]]Kitten vs Two scary things - YouTube
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X