Army Thread Wednesday 24th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox;1496285 wrote: Morning Tipps Mario Anon and all to come. Awake since silly oclock (4.30am) and feeling tied now so might try get another hour or two. Had coffee juice boiled egg and brown bread for brekkie and fed the cats Guinea pig and cleanerd out her cage. Washed up some dishes and put the bins out last night as its collection day here. I'm planning to go to a lunchtime AA meeting and get a few grocery items in Lidl on the way home. Appoitment at 3.30 in local salon for some waxing and after that who knows lol still didn't clean my bathroom and wash the hall floor. So i think another snooze is needed as i set the alarm in time to get ready for AA meeting. I hate having broken sleep i tried herbal sleeping tablets but thye don't work for me. Dull here so far but dry and mild. Happy hump day all.:cat::wavin::cupajoe:
    You feed your cats Guinea pig??

Or do your cats have a pet Guinea pig?

:H::H:
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Siren136;1496335 wrote: You feed your cats Guinea pig??
      Or do your cats have a pet Guinea pig?
      :H::H:
      Oh deary me missed that. :H:H

Just wanted to say Siren how proud I am of you for giving antabuse a go. Can't have been an easy decision.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks, JC - I'm pretty stoked. Depression and alcohol is a very bad downward spiral and I need to do something different.
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

That's the way to do it.
          I found that even after a few days I felt a bit more hopeful.

I know life's not going to be barrel of laughs all the time but it's pretty damn good with out alcohol.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning all ARMY!
            I have been enlisted into a new test program at work, so I will not be able to be on the boards very often over the next few days. I'll post when I can. Please pass this along to anyone who thinks I have gone AWOL!
            Stay Strong, everyone.
            For K9-, no this has NOTHING to do with tassle uniforms! NOTHING, I tell you!
            BHOG

?Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"-Eleanor Early

Comment

Afternoon all, bloody house full atm so can't call the nice folks I'm supposed to be calling, if I can get the place to myself for 5 minutes I will do it though. Absolutely petrified, but guess it has to be done. I'll take part in the Reccie watch, whilst being watched xD Have got into the habit of having a little afternoon drink when at home lately so challenge one: do not have a drink before dinner.

And Metallica concert? so wish I was there. Have seen them 4 times! and cannot wait for number 5, one of my favorite bands ever and one of the greatest live bands I have seen (proud to say out of the 60 bands I've seen in the last 5 years, soundgarden, foo fighters and black sabbath were better though xD Love UK festivals) Anybody good supporting them do you know? Got an urge to go stick on creeping death (which they will play, and it will rock xD) dammit my metal sides gone mad at memories of 'tallica.

-inchy
              I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Forgot the bloody picture

Marnin!

Here's a pic of my wee pride and joy this a.m., with it's new loungers and brolly. I'm getting rid of the old chairs and buying matching ones... the old ones are big and bulky. (Plus the matching chairs are cheap with free shipping... lol)

Has anyone sent out an APB for Reccy and Inchy?

Comment

Well... there's Inchy! Cross post m'dear... Marnin/arvo. Sneak off to a quiet area and give them a ring... X

Comment

Hi Army,

Zenners, awesome work on the deck. A nice place to relax. Post another pic when the new furniture arrives.

Doing okay except sore throat and fairly dizzy. Hope this passes soon.

Still sober and still taking Antabuse.

Hope the army has a wonderful day.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey Cindi!

Got your email and was going to call later today. I have to go and get my hair cut (I look like an aging hippy!) and get myself to the gyne (ugh!) and food shopping. I'll give you a ring when I get back home... XXX

Comment

Zenners I luuuuurrrvvveee your house
                        Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

family are planning to walk the dog, hoping they leave soon

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Who are you ringing Inchey ? Forgive me for being a nosey cow

Comment

nearby centre/clinic/place for substance abuse issues etc, similar to where jc works

Comment

InChains;1496405 wrote: nearby centre/clinic/place for substance abuse issues etc, similar to where jc works
                                Massive :l to you for being so brave :h

Comment

Working...
                                X