X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Wednesday 24th April

yup, for now
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Hey folks

Inchy- just in from work here if ya wanna stay and chat? Well done on having the guts to ring, all is not lost:l

Comment

InChains;1496481 wrote: think we can cancel inchy watch tonight, gonna spend some time alone
        Ok Inchy - let's try again tomorrow ?
        But ........ before drinknig or drinking too much - think it through to the end. Right through to how it will feel in the morning both inthe body and the head This is advice I saw here somewhere and has stopped me going over the top a few times :goodjob:

Comment

Evening army raining heavy here now. Ahh Inchy so sorry things didn't work out today but may be try again tomorrow or may be Jc or some one near you can google a better place. I know how you feel i mean they could have least had someone available to talk to you over the phone. Hang in there hun and try not get too wasted tonight i'm thinking of you:l. Reccie i hope you make it tomorrow and get some hope/help. Siren my typing isn't the best so to clear up i have 2 cats and a guinea pig and they get separate food. going to get my dinner and watch Corrie.

Comment

Hiya Satz hope yer keepin well? Good advice there:goodjob:

And Foxy :hiya:

Inchy- dunno what can say to help, feel a big bit useless at the mo, so long as ya know you have folk here who do care about you:l

Hafta go make some dins, maybe see ya's later xx

Comment

can't try again tomorrow, have to be there in person between 10 and 12 to see anybody, I'm working 10-2

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

InChains;1496437 wrote: no e-mail, and apparently not allowed to call them either. I am actually about to start crying at how f*cking disappointed and angry I am that I can't even contact somebody for help right now.
                You don't need a doctors referral and can just drop in any time between 10 and 12 just for a chat. It'll be a one 2 one. There are plenty of young people in your age group as well as older ones like me. Sounds fantastic.
                I suppose I should have made it clearer in my PM. It's a drop in centre and open daily from newbies between 10- 12. There's someone there every day. I got the nearest I could find for you. I thought you would just need the phone number for directions. Sorry if my info was way off base.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

satz123;1496419 wrote: Oh poor you - :l
                  Will probably happen a few times I'm thinking

JC - help us here :new:
                  I was busy being poorly.

That lass on the phone was prolly someone like me.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

i thought i could at least phone ahead n ask some questions before taking the plunge, but y'know, apparently they have a phone number I'm not able to use for anything

Comment

InChains;1496493 wrote: can't try again tomorrow, have to be there in person between 10 and 12 to see anybody, I'm working 10-2
                      Right ok. What's plan B ??

I suggest :
                      Wait for JC to come on line and ask her opinion 'cos I really don't know about the UK and support services.

Comment

:H I'm on line yer daftie.

The next step is to get on the bus and go. Trouble is it'll be run by a 2 or 3 full time workers and a few volunteers. Basicallly run on shoestring and good will.

I can't do any more than that.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1496496 wrote: I was busy being poorly.

That lass on the phone was prolly someone like me.
                          Sorry JC - hope you are feeling better ?:l

Comment

satz123;1496501 wrote: Sorry JC - hope you are feeling better ?:l
                            No I'm the one who should be sorry just a knee jerk re-action,hun.:l

I'm doing OK.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

getting the feeling i've offended you

Comment

Incy, not sure if you saw what I posted on your thread...here it is again

Inchy, I understand how you feel. When I finally got up the courage to go to my first AA meeting, i went and waited in the cafeteria of a local hospital because the book of meetings said there was one there. I waited for a half an hour and no one showed up. I was devastated! At the time I finally thought I could do it, the book was wrong. That meeting had disbanded months before because of lack of interest. I was so distraught by the whole situation that I went and bought my alcohol and spent the rest of the night drinking. Another attempt I made was to reach out to a long time (7 year sober) member of another group to get help and advice. I was crying on the phone to her and she basically blew me off and said I would be alright and that we all cry. When I told my counselor, who was the one who gave me her number, how upset i was, she told me that the woman called her to say that she was drinking again and to not give out her number anymore. Well, again, devastating and I got drunk right after that.

What I am trying to say is, dont give up! I finally found what worked for me and now i am over 2 years sober. It is hard when you are trying to reach out for help and you cant seem to connect with the lifeline. Keep trying. Can you make it at the times they accept the walk in appts?

Keep your head up, you can do this!

You have to find something that works and stop making excuses. I hate to be blunt like that but you seem to be so miserable and looking for someone to help. If you really want the help you have to take the steps. It will not come to your doorstep and save you. Getting help is just the first step, recovery is a long process and alot of work. You can not sit at home and hope it ends up on your doorstep.

You are too young and talented to keep going like this. You have to keep reaching out and trying everything you can to fix this. Life is worth it - I PROMISE
                                AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Working...
                                X