Army Thread Thursday 25th April 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to say thanks for all the words of encouragement. I'll be off now...catch you all later.

Comment

good luck reccie

still no results, come on come on the suspense is literally killing me
      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Afternoon army

My oh my............page 6 already !!!!!!!!!!!

I was up and out at sparrows fart this morning - travelled to site at Heswall for an 8am meeting, then drove back over to Manchester - 71 miles so far..............I'm tired..................

Anyway, it is Thursday, and the weekend is just around the corner - yay !!!!

Recciebear - massive hugs to you - can't wait to hear how you've got on xx
        Inchy - what's past is past, we can't undo it hun - but we are in control of the right now, and the future. So good on you for saying you won't drink today - I find day 1's relatively easy tbh, cos I'm always suffering with a hangover. It's when you're feeling ok that the voices kick in. The eternal mind battle. I'm sending you lots of PMA, PMA, PMA to help you through today. (I might even send meself some too )

Jacs - I hope you're feeling better today - pinch some sleep dust off the sand man for me would you ? Did I mention I'm knackered ?????????

Massive waves to Molls, Zennerooney, Mr T, Pinky, Mrs A, Wags, and everyone else I've missed

Now then,

:hHAPPY BIRTHDAY SATZY :h

Hope you have a loverly day xxxx

Oh, btw, got flashed going through a red light this morning.............?60 and 3 points to Questy !!! :upset:
        Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Oh, RU - Reformers Unanimous as Reccie said.

It's a Christian addictions programme - like I said, not for everybody, but I'm gonna give it a go. I've nothing to lose and everything to gain

I am taking my life back day by day, that's all any of us can do
          Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Skiverville open?

Hi all, doing this from the office... on the very sly. OK - first and foremost, Reccie I'm thinking about you this afternoon and hope you're day goes well.

Inchy - how you feeling? Did I see Satz mention getting a plan together to get through the weekend and beyond... in the words of the great Hannibal "I love it when a plan comes together!" ... yes, folks, we, the Army, are the A-team :H:H

Questy - good to see you about! you ok?

Jacs - got any sleep back? Fecking fairies. I have Pee-Fairies ... they tend to wake me at 2.30am and yell for me to go to the water closet.

OK - so you'll all have had a PM from me about my firewalk this Sunday (after running up a half-marthon... and I'm still trying to rid meself of the fecking MANFLU). If you feel you can't - or don't - want to sponsor me then don't! No offence taken! I PM'd cos it has the link to me just giving page and didn't want this to be public to everyone. If you can sponsor me, wonderful. Wont say any more cos it's all in the PM. And I hope it wasn't too cheeky?

Right better get nose to grind... first sober date is in 4 hours for those who know... :egad:

Comment

Results are in there not bad: i got 68% for my reflection proposal which is only 2% from a 1'st which is equivalent to an A, so I recieved a high 2.1 which is like a B+ and for my reflection on my proposal I recieved 65% , not excellent but not too bad
              I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

littlepinkcat;1496900 wrote: Results are in there not bad: i got 68% for my reflection proposal which is only 2% from a 1'st which is equivalent to an A, so I recieved a high 2.1 which is like a B+ and for my reflection on my proposal I recieved 65% , not excellent but not too bad
                Brilliant news :goodjob:

Comment

Afternoon

Quest for the key;1496862 wrote: Oh, btw, got flashed going through a red light this morning.............?60 and 3 points to Questy !!! :upset:
                  Oh...that's a shame questy! :upset:

RunningCourage;1496891 wrote: OK - so you'll all have had a PM from me about my firewalk this Sunday (after running up a half-marthon... and I'm still trying to rid meself of the fecking MANFLU). If you feel you can't - or don't - want to sponsor me then don't! No offence taken! I PM'd cos it has the link to me just giving page and didn't want this to be public to everyone. If you can sponsor me, wonderful. Wont say any more cos it's all in the PM. And I hope it wasn't too cheeky?
                  Not at all cheeky, arsey. (Really shouldn't put those two words next to one another!) I hope you can get rid of the man flu thing soon.

Are you feeling any better Jackie? Hope you manage to get a nap at some point during the day.

littlepinkcat;1496900 wrote:
                  Results are in there not bad: i got 68% for my reflection proposal which is only 2% from a 1'st which is equivalent to an A, so I recieved a high 2.1 which is like a B+ and for my reflection on my proposal I recieved 65% , not excellent but not too bad
                  Well done you!

My appointment in Oxford went well. Very pleasant and sympathetic lady and I could actually follow the large majority of what she said, which is almost unheard of (groan!) for me.. It was essentially an information gathering exercise on her part. She's going to arrange a one to one appointment for me in a nearby town next Wedneday with a counsellor to decide on the best way forward. So, to some extent, I'm none the wiser about what the future holds. Rehab is an option, but funding would not be provided until all community-based options have been exhausted first. She said if it comes to rehab, she would take me there to meet the staff and look around the place beforehand so I can make up my mind whether I want to do it or not.

Comment

Recluse;1496920 wrote:
                    My appointment in Oxford went well. Very pleasant and sympathetic lady and I could actually follow the large majority of what she said, which is almost unheard of (groan!) for me.. It was essentially an information gathering exercise on her part. She's going to arrange a one to one appointment for me in a nearby town next Wedneday with a counsellor to decide on the best way forward. So, to some extent, I'm none the wiser about what the future holds. Rehab is an option, but funding would not be provided until all community-based options have been exhausted first. She said if it comes to rehab, she would take me there to meet the staff and look around the place beforehand so I can make up my mind whether I want to do it or not.
                    Oh my dear, Reccybear. I am delighted for you. Yep the first appointment would be a fact finding mission. But hun...............you fecking did it. I surprised you remembered so much I came away clutching a bunch of leaflets and just knowing when the next appointment was.
                    Go with the flow, hun. :l
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:goodjob:

So happy your inital meeting went well Reccy! This is the first step and you did it. Awesome.
                      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

RunningCourage;1496891 wrote: Skiverville open?

Right better get nose to grind... first sober date is in 4 hours for those who know... :egad:
                        Couldn't open Skiverville on account of a large Noseyhole in the cube with me
                        Good luck RC with your date - you will :jumpwow:the lady !!!
                        anon;1496904 wrote:
                        Brilliant news :goodjob:
                        Ms A :hiya:
                        Swindon down near London somewhere !
                        Ye see ? even English people don't know here it is :H and care less!

Comment

littlepinkcat;1496900 wrote: Results are in there not bad: i got 68% for my reflection proposal which is only 2% from a 1'st which is equivalent to an A, so I recieved a high 2.1 which is like a B+ and for my reflection on my proposal I recieved 65% , not excellent but not too bad
                          That's just brilliant, Pinkles. Well done you.

And hoo's this that Runners, is seeing. Have his Army Aunt's all given the seal of approval.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

FECKIN' ACE Pinkypoo :goodjob:

Comment

littlepinkcat;1496900 wrote:
                              FECKIN' ACE Reccie !!!! :goodjob::l
                              Molls said it all so well - I'm just piggybacking on her post !

Comment

Gonna go now - will return in a while when I get back to the ranch ! :hiya:

Comment

Working...
                                X