X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Thursday 25th April 2013

All go in the army thread today

congrats to lpc on the grades, that is awesome dude, I hope you are happy

and Reccie :l I am so so happy for you, I know how hard it is to take that step, it's great you are getting help and I wish you all the best in it. I hope you are proud of yourself too

Now, lets see if we can make it 3 for 3: I am not drinking tonight. I have not bought alcohol. I have not had a drink yet (recent habit, mind). day 1 af.
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

We are going to make it 3 out of 3. Aren't we, Inchy. Gawd that sounds like one of those awful people who are jolly all the time.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

haha, I'm being good, I have nothing in the house, I have large supplies of apple pie and other sweet treats, getting all the essentials done before I start feeling crappy, proper prepared me.

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

4 out of 4.
          Ackshully make that 5 out of 5 just got a text from the son and heir. He's got an interview for the Noocastle branch. Woot woot !!!
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Now tell me is there anything worse than sticking yer hand in the salad drawer and finding a cucumber that's gone off?
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Luckily there's a nice fresh one.

I'm keeping me fingers crossed as he was so disappointed when he didn't get York.

There was a bit of kerfuffle in the firm because the 7 who got turned down weren't told the reason. So one of their directors got a bit of a telling off.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Wee check-in from the road. Can't read so great on my poxy phone but I see Reccy made it there and back and the wheels are now in motion! G-r-e-a-tttttttt!!!!!!!

I'll be home in a couple of hours... seeyiz if yer still aboot!

Moi xxx

Comment

mollyka;1496962 wrote: ooh office politics!! thought I'd left all that behind in the bank --- loads and loads of shite goin on in my job, there's protests going on outside some of the libraries including the Brig cos they are shortening opening hours and all sorts. I could well end up fulltime in Blanch by June -- can't even THINK about it!!
                  I really hope he gets it, it would be wonderful to have him so close by!!
                  Hang on while I get me soap box out.....

Libraries are a vital part of any community in my not so humble opinion. I've read and read books I could never afford. When I was a wee one Wednesday was library day. I :h books and for some of us it's the only way we can get our hands on them It's a damned shame that they are being closed or the hours altered to save a bit of money. Then you get the papers banging on about how kids can't fecking read. Drives me bonkers.

Zenstyle;1496964 wrote:
                  Wee check-in from the road. Can't read so great on my poxy phone but I see Reccy made it there and back and the wheels are now in motion! G-r-e-a-tttttttt!!!!!!!

I'll be home in a couple of hours... seeyiz if yer still aboot!

Moi xxx
                  See ya in abit.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Me and my little brother knew not to bother my Ma on Wednesday afternoon as that was new book day. Only bit of peace and quiet she got all week.

I know my new kindle is lovely but you can't beat a book. You'd have fainted with delight at the dictionary we bought Pa in law for Chrimbo. It was all crisp and lovely smelling. TBH didn't want to let it go.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I was just away polishing me halo. I've made a salad to go with the chips and egg and bacon pie.
                      See you in a bit.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

evening all, our local library isn't exactly the best since they decided to shove the council offices, the post office and the library in a rather cramped building, then make most of it kids stuff and posh desks.I kid you not, not a single book on architecture in the whole building. I used to love libraries asa kid though, we didn't have money to buy books so it was great for us.

Comment

Forgotten about that. Our local one has the CAB and the council offices as well. And DVDs that are about 20 years out of date.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Starving and tired. Think the steroids have kicked in. Must away and eat.

Bacinabit.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

molly: don't like libraries doing dvds, same as I hate bookshops selling greetings cards now. I want books dammit. Now Maidstone library... that place is like a dream haha.

Comment

prawn festival? i did not know those existed xD

I have a fun day of work ahead of me tomorrow, can't wait haha

Comment

Working...
                                X