Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Saturday 27th April

Good morning, folksies

Mrs. T has left for her book club weekend getaway. I need to get my arse in gear - eldest cub has to be collected from sleepover LAN party and then town chores.

Have a lekker Saturday!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Tipps and all to come. Been awake since 5.30 one of the cats pawing my head to get me to feed him amd let him. Fed them both and let out the back garden. One is still out the other came back in and is sitting at the end of the bed. Just some household chores today as no food shopping needed. Still in bed with tv on. Just going to chill later with tv and a book. Have a super saturday.awprint::cat::television::cupajoe:

Comment

Morning Tippy, How's everything in Saffaland?
      Hello Firefox,

Comment

Morning Rags nice to see you here.

Comment

Morning firefox,rags, and mr tips, nice dry bright day here so far.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Rant alert

Mornin' folks .......feeling bit blah today for no apparent reason.
            No enthusiasm for anything at the moment.

Woke up thinking I really hate my job and the people who are there who just all have own agenda and I feel like part of the furniture ..... really want to leave and do something else ... that will involve REAL people but then the redundancy package is mentioned and I hang on .... hang on .... hang on....
            I mean I work with Payroll and Finance = just fell into it - and I HATE HATE figures & spreadsheets and all that SHITE.
            Sorry - just feel my real life is slipping away from me at the mo.

Comment

Happy Saturday boys and girls

Got most of the boring stuff done last night in the hope I get some sort of weekend. Drinking tea in bed while I decide how to spend the day. Hope you've all had a great week, ben reading every day.
              AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Good morning Tipperoo, Foxyloxy, Marioooooooooo, Mollymoo, Spidy and a yoooooooooo hoooooo to Rags.

Well of course I've been all over the shop looking for Satz post. So I know she hasn't had rubber bullets yet. Feel for you, hun, on the corporate bandwagon. Couldn't hack it these days.
                How's a bit of volunteering up at Malahide Castle or something. Let your imagination run wild. Try and remember what floated your boat back in the day and see if there's any classes. My auld Dad did an Italian GCSE when he was 72 and got a B the first time and took it a second time and got the first A of his life. Just thinking of the top of me head.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hi gang just thot id say Hello have a great weekend

Comment

And a great weekend to you Gyco.

Still in my dressing gown doing one of my bumper crosswords. They are working my brain to the limit. Bit harder than the Beano comic ones to say the least.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all -

Satz, I hear ya. Some days I love my job and clients. Other times I want to run screaming from the building after punching them all in the head. Publishing is male-dominated - especially my company. No matter how great I do my job, I will never get a promotion or raise because I am missing one thing. The male, um, appendage. Not trying to boy-bash, but it is true. Unless you are part of the boys club, you are nothing. I don't plan on growing one any time soon, so I will stay where I am. Hope you feel better about things. It is a full moon, so manybe that has something to do with the moods. I have been a royal whack-job lately. I blame it on the moon. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Anyway, off to see my middle daughter's softball game and errands and chores the rest of the weekend. I have such a damn exciting life.

Smoochies to to all.

Waggy
                      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

:hallo: Army.

Satzeroo ey - :l:l:l. It's bloody hard to feel trapped like that. I have lots of empathy for you.

Back from town. Weekly shopping done, Mrs. T's mother's day gift bought, mum taken to optometrist, chronic meds collected, and spoiled self with a few new Victorinox knives - just everyday use, nothing fancy, like.

This arvie or tomorrow I want to do some planning / strategising for a NGO (Saffaspeak for a non-profit private company) I'm helping. It was started by a graduate trainee in my team who cajoled me into becoming one of the directors (just sounds fancy, it's very mundane and low-budget). Their aim is to help learners in rural areas (I'm talking rural proper - dirt roads, no electricity, no infrastructure etc) to get access to maths and science books and extra classes. They rely on donations to buy workbooks, and then get university students to spend their holidays in the communities to help both learners and teachers to improve results and hopefully lift more people out of absolute poverty through further education.

Oh! And it is an absolutely stunning day here. I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve autumn.

Raggsy: will send you a PM with a Mrs. T, cubs and Saffa update. I hardly ever get to spend time on the Undies thread these days.
                        I'll do whatever it takes
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hi Gyco and everyone else. Satz i'm sorry to hear you're having such a bad time in your job i hope you can find a solution its awful being stuck in a job you hate i have been there. Sunny spells here but windy and cold. Not much of an exciting life for mw either waggy. Today just household chores watching tv and reading. Its been a boring weekend so far but tomorrow i'll go to a local AA meeting. I'm broke also but i have enough food and heating etcray::lordhelpme: so cud be worse.

Comment

Hi Tipps you had a busy morning/afternoon. Well done on helping with npo co. Everyone child deserves a good education its a way out of the poverty trap.:goodjob:

Comment

What a lovely thing to do, Tippers.

Still stuck on the cross word.

Try this

Clue: Proposals (11)

S---L-S-O-S
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X