Army Thread Saturday 27th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:anyonethere:Afternoon army wow its very quiet here this saturday i guess you are all busy or enjoying the sun. Lovely afternoon here. I sat in the garden for a while after finishing my cleaning. The grass needs cutting and i don't have any garden furniture only an old plastic chair but it was nice to sit and read my book. Have the guinea pig out in the fire part of the cage and she seems happy in the sun eating the grass. Just watching come dine with me on c4. Its still not so warm but pleasent enough.:rays:

Comment

Tut, tut, tut. Wass this 15 posts, oh mine will make 16.

There was a wrong letter in the answer which after much rubbing out and changing other answers actually ....submissions. You can put your dictionaries down.

Mr JC gone down the pub with next door neighbour to watch the match. Just me and my dawg.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Jc ahh you got your crossword sorted then. I do them sometimes but rarely get any finished. Good brainwork tho. The guinea pig is in and the cats are still out.

Comment

Well I'll have to admit that we had to look at the answers in the back. It was an executive decision from the committee of 2 (me and Mr JC) we made before one of us started crying.

I :h guinea pigs.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all, glad to be in after the afternoon from hell ending up with a Jack-the-lad on a scooter taking out the front end of my car on a roundabout. Apparently he's done it multiple times according to his parent who showed up afterwards. Reported it to my insurers who informed me they never fight claims on a roundabout, just go 50/50.

I am ecstatic

Not

Hope the rest of you have had a great day
            AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Gawd nightmare!!!

Did you not want to slap him round the chops?
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening army

apologies for disappearing on Thursday. By the time I got back off the bus I was shaking like a washing machine on the fast spin dry cycle. You know....the one where it goes for a wander all around the kitchen before parking itself back under the worktop again. So I did what I had to do to control the shakes, then read all those lovely messages, composed a lengthy reply to them and then decided I was in no fit state to be posting, so hit the cancel button. Anyway, I really did appreciate the kind messages and was genuinely touched by a couple of them.

So...I'm fortunate enough to have found a friendly face with the help and encouragement of you guys and I sense that I'm in good hands. Next week I hope inchy will also be sitting down in front of an equally friendly face or at the very least obtain an appointment to see one.

Been trying to catch up on the past couple of days. I see the army was up to its usual tricks yesterday...pissing in the pool and the paint pot in the morning, followed by poo in the post in the afternoon. :goodjob: But seriously, It's good to hear that your MOT went well, satzy.

It's great that Mr JC has got a date for his op, Jackie. Hopefully all will go well. And I hope the S & H gets that job in Newcastle. Would be have to move home?

Well done inchy on clocking up more AF time and excellent news on jilly's permanent residency, mollers, you must be very pleased.

Satzy, you have my sympathies with regard to your work situation. I carried on in a soul destroying job for far too long out of fear of the unknown and wish I had found the courage to make a change. The fact that I was drinking probably contributed to my inertia. Maybe now that you're building up some serious AF time you can contemplate a new job or even a new career?

Well done on your NGO work tips...very good of you to give your time.

Jackie, you might want to make yourself scarce when Mr JC gets home. Whatever you do, don't mention the score. :no:

Comment

spiderwoman;1497838 wrote: Evening all, glad to be in after the afternoon from hell ending up with a Jack-the-lad on a scooter taking out the front end of my car on a roundabout. Apparently he's done it multiple times according to his parent who showed up afterwards. Reported it to my insurers who informed me they never fight claims on a roundabout, just go 50/50.

I am ecstatic

Not

Hope the rest of you have had a great day
                  Oh shit! I'm sorry to hear that, spidey.

Comment

Yo Reccy,
                    Get it over with.Tell me now.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1497844 wrote: Yo Reccy,
                      Get it over with.Tell me now.
                      Errmm...0-6

Comment

Recluse;1497846 wrote: Errmm...0-6
                        eermmmmmmmm fuck. Well it is Liverpool and we like them. If it had been Man U or that place beginning with an S there would have been tears.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sorry, Reccybear. There I am babbling on about a stoopid footie score and you really did have a momentous Thursday. Had to smile at your description of the washing machine. I know exactly what you mean.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening Spider and Reccie. Spider thats the pits the scumbag to do that to your car. I hope you get a good outcome. Hope you're feeling ok now Reccie i guess the travel by bus was a bit much but good luck for next week and i hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend. I was home all day except to go to the local shop for milk. Did some cleaning and read a bit more of the latest Martina Cole book i got from the library. Just watchin Britain's got talent. Some awful acts on some people have guts to go tv and make an ass of themselves.:H

Comment

Hewwo folksies!

Zero feckin six?!!! That's a massacre!

Just a quick post from me while I'm waiting for a load of sod to arrive. Sod singular, not plural. LOL... "here come a load of sods now..." :H

The yard work continues I'm pained to say. But the deck is furnished and has a BBQ as off yesterday. It was dark when we finished putting the BBQ together... it had steaks slapped on it asap and worked a treat. I’m orf to take a piccie to post!

Satz... I had the same decision to make when I left yachting. I was making great money that I would never be able to replicate again and I was travelling all over the globe… but I was tired on a regular basis, I hadn’t lived in a house for 7 years and I wanted some kind of normal life. It was one of those things where I just had to take a leap of faith. We (I was married) bought a house, moved ashore, and I went back to school for my Bachelors. I miss the yachting lifestyle sometimes but I’ve never regretted the decision. So… maybe it’s one of those where you just have to jump in and do it Satzerooney? You’ve mentioned not feeling good about your job a few times now… so perhaps it’s time for a change? XXX

Bummer on not getting compensated for the car Spidey… that effin sucks. (

:waving: JC, Foxy and ReccyBear… X

Comment

JackieClaire;1497850 wrote: Sorry, Reccybear. There I am babbling on about a stoopid footie score and you really did have a momentous Thursday. Had to smile at your description of the washing machine. I know exactly what you mean.
                                No need to apologise at all Jackie. In truth, too many words have been devoted to my drinking problems on this thread of late, but I felt bad about not replying the other day and wanted to put that right.

I hope you're feeling a bit better now. Do you think you'll be able to get to work at all next week?

Hello foxy

Comment

Working...
                                X