Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Sunday 28th April

Hiya Inchy,

Thanks guys but i could've very easily said fuck it, near did tbh, its left me a bit wobbly and thinkin im nowhere near outa the woods yet. A sick part of my brain is saying maybe you need to give it one more try, even tho ive been there bought t-shirt too many times and know i cant drink sensibly:upset:

Comment

Righto, i better away and start folks, hopefully 'see' ya's about later, or when next coffee break comes up! :hallo:

Comment

if being around here has taught me anything sweetpea its that every person on here will have the odd 'wobble', hell some of us more than others, but that's what makes you strong - yes you came close, but to pull yourself back from that shows just how much will power you have, you are winning this thing - just hard to see sometimes I guess.

my 2 cents haha
        I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

InChains;1498196 wrote: if being around here has taught me anything sweetpea its that every person on here will have the odd 'wobble', hell some of us more than others, but that's what makes you strong - yes you came close, but to pull yourself back from that shows just how much will power you have, you are winning this thing - just hard to see sometimes I guess.

my 2 cents haha
          Its definately from being here and all it has taught me and being accountable here Inchy, otherwise i woulda said fuck-it and the rest would be history!

How are you gettin on? Glad to hear you have a plan :goodjob:

Comment

Thanks Molls Yeah party-time come 28th dec, I'll keep that in my head next time a stupid drinking thought comes up!

Defo away now!!

Comment

anon;1498185 wrote: Sorry to be AWOL so much. I have been feeling very tired this week.

Did loads of training for London Marathon when I was not fit enough and ran as fast as I could on the day. I am now SO tired and sleeping 11 hour nights and just trying to get my mojo back.

Still better than the booze:H

PS got interviewed at the end of the marathon and when asked what my secret was?I told them giving up alcohol. Never published!!
              My favourite wee runner! Hope you're getting your mojo back soon enough. I've been flattened these past two weeks with the manflu - had to pull out of race last weekend - so as you told me, immune system down and our bodies just wanting time to relax, recuperate and get back to partying on the race courses

As for not getting the bit about giving the ol booze published...not good :stomper:

Comment

sweetpea29;1498186 wrote: Hey folks :wavin:

Just back from shops, got this gun thing in b&q which need to work out how to use! Gonna try resealing round me shower....dont think it'll be today tho :no:
                Today the plan is to declutter all the crap laying about the house and find a place for everything!! wish me luck

Molls Im exactly a year behind you, didnt catch that til looking at sunday shout outs!

On Friday night on me way home from work i stopped me car outside an offie:egad:
                The thought of drinking entered my head earlier that day in work, not a physical craving but more like knowing i was gonna be off for a few days and have house to meself, like a learned behavior, even after 4 months.

Anyways, here was me sat outside the offie, contemplating and thinking, i asked self, did i really want a drink? why? what would it do for me? Being honest, i wanted that feeling of escape, escape from my thoughts and feelings... from myself tbh. I wanted to turn-off the negative voices and feelings for a while and just be there not thinking, not feeling Does that make any sense?
                Thankfully caught meself on and drove home but i suppose what i need to learn is how to accept and learn to live with these negative voices/feelings in a positive way and start challenging them!

Sorry for rambling! This aint gonna get me work done :H
                Ah peapants! Yes, yes, yes, yes - YOU KNOW (cos your smart and wise and sage beyond yer years) the reasons you wanted a drink... and they're not great reasons for having one. I've spoken to you a wee bit about my own working with my self-esteem (or lack of) (and you're a wiser soul than me about this kinda stuff) ... and I think actually, this episode just showed you how strong you really are. Most others would just go "fuck it" and have that drink(s). You are challenging them demon voices - you DIDN'T succomb to getting drunk to rid the voices of their negativity. No. You belted them a left hook.

That's cos your strong.

That's cos you can - where others cannot.

That's cos your wise.

...now you add to this short list, and make it long, about all the awesome things peapantaloons is.

Comment

:wavin: Army

Still haven't made the family a meal, but the cubette and I have made more than 24 jars of preserves this weekend - more onion marmalade, three fruit marmalade (oranges, lemons and limes) with ginger, cherry tomato with cinammon.

Poor Mrs. T has a chest infection. Getting some much needed sleep.
                  I'll do whatever it takes
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hello everybody else.

Just done half marathon - ouch - and now about to bugger off and do this fricking fire walk.

For those wondering about the date - MOLLS!!!!! - wrote some gumph on the Stella thread. She was lovely - yeah, really nice... but lack of chemistry - in that way where I reckon we can both see one another as attractive (i thought she was a bonnie lass), but not go "oh yeah, more please, can i see you tomorrow..." kinda thang (if that makes sense)...

anyways, orf to burn me feet :egad:

Comment

Hi Inchy:l
                      Thanks for that marathon man Arsey. Have you done your running on hot coals yet??
                      Funny that nobody wants to know about the benefits of ditching the drink:upset:

Comment

yo mr T - x-post there - gonna bung us over some marmalade for me morning toast?! :H

Comment

xxxxposts!

Comment

RunningCourage;1498208 wrote: Hello everybody else.

Just done half marathon - ouch - and now about to bugger off and do this fricking fire walk.

For those wondering about the date - MOLLS!!!!! - wrote some gumph on the Stella thread. She was lovely - yeah, really nice... but lack of chemistry - in that way where I reckon we can both see one another as attractive (i thought she was a bonnie lass), but not go "oh yeah, more please, can i see you tomorrow..." kinda thang (if that makes sense)...

anyways, orf to burn me feet :egad:
                            Burn yer feet!

Comment

shh... inchy has a plan... it's a good'n. 3 days and counting - its gonna be awesome.
                              I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

:wavin:

Poor Mrs T. If she wants to join me on the sofa there's plenty room. Been asleep all aftie. I'm still not right..................stop sniggering at the back there.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X