Progress - Day 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress - Day 7

Not much time to spend here today. I am still consumed with trying to settle my late father's estate, but I made it to day 7. The genuine progress came yesterday, though, when I thought I had made a very costly mistake at work. In the past I would have checked out, left early and stopped for rotgut vodka on the way home. The thought never entered my mind. I approached the problem rationally, if not calmly, and was able to resolve the problem by this morning. Have to give credit where credit is due - the meds probably had a lot to do with it!
    In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Progress - Day 7

But you chose to take the meds! Congratulations on achieving the 7 day goal and handling a problem the "right" way!

Keep it up!

:h NS

Comment

Progress - Day 7

Nice job Alky! Good for you!
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Progress - Day 7

good job alky,seven days is great keep it up
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Progress - Day 7

Well done you, every time you achieve something like that your resolve to stick with it will get stronger :goodjob:
          AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Progress - Day 7

Right on! Your avatar cracks me up :H

Here is your well earned Nelzstar for completing 7 days AF

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2102846=7268-attachment.jpg[/img]
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Progress - Day 7

Great job!

Comment

Progress - Day 7

Nelz;1499330 wrote: Right on! Your avatar cracks me up :H

Here is your well earned Nelzstar for completing 7 days AF

Thanks, and thanks for the star, Nelz. I think "Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker," was one of Chris Farley's funniest personas. Another brilliant performer that succumbed to addiction.

Anyway, another sure sign of progress: BP this morning 134/79. When I was drinking it fluctuated between 140-150/90-100.
                In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Progress - Day 7

Congratulations Alky! Well done.
                  I loved Chris Farly's Matt Foley character.
                  R4L
                  Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Working...
                  X