SISTER UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SISTER UPDATE

Well friends, I just want to say that I am sorry to report that apparently my sister intends to continue drinking, after the situation I posted about with the liver issue.

She is trying to pretend that her doctor found nothing on CT, and has NO IDEA what could be causing elevated LFTs.

So it is what it is, and I'm not sure how to respond. I guess it doesn't matter really. I presume she did not tell him the truth about drinking. I know him; I'm tempted to tell him myself. But I guess I won't.

Sad sad sad.

SISTER UPDATE

Why wouldn't you tell him? If it helps save her life?
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

SISTER UPDATE

Ann,

I'm sorry about the situation. If you were to tell the Dr. what would happen?. Your sister is going to drink, it doesn't matter who knows.

I know it's difficult but we can only do so much, the rest is up to the person with the problem. If they don't want help they won't be willing to accept help.
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

SISTER UPDATE

I'm so sorry Ann, but not surprised. I don't think telling the doctor will do anything besides create estrangement between you and your sister. It doesn't sound like she's ready and she may never be.

Comment

SISTER UPDATE

I'm sorry, Ann.

I have a sister who will eventually be in the same situation. I wrestle with intervention, a soft talk, etc., but I know it's up to her to save herself. We feel helpless, but it's out of our hands. It doesn't mean we don't worry though, right?:l
          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

SISTER UPDATE

Well it wouldn't have to get back to her that you told - but it might clue the doctor in and he might start asking some questions. I hope everything works out for your family :l

If it was me, I would do whatever I needed to do to save my brother and I don't care if he hated me, as long as he was alive. I would hope he would eventually be grateful.
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

SISTER UPDATE

Ann, I'm sorry to hear this news. Your heart will lead you in the right direction. Maybe the gravity of it will get her attention. I think the drs know.... they see this all the time, so we may think we are pulling fast ones on them, but I imagine they can see the signs. I will be thinking of you. This disease really sucks. I see folks all the time and I wish I could shake them and say 'can't you see you're killing yourself?' The answer is, No, we can't, we have an addiction. It makes us deaf, dumb and blind. If I hadn't been there myself I'd have never believed it. I'll hold you close in my thoughts. Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

SISTER UPDATE

H Ann,

I am so so sorry about this.and are such a generous soul . :h
                It's so tempting to tell the Dr. but I bet He already knows. And we all know that only your user your sister from drinking.

She's the only one who can save her life: not you. not the doctor...
                And I hate that too. I have three sisters and they all drink like fish. I think How different we would all be together if we had never found AL. I don't talk to them anymore...

:l
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

SISTER UPDATE

Sorry for the typos...darn auto correct.
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

SISTER UPDATE

THANKS!

My doctor is really cool and he is in the same group. I am considering talking tohim about it. He helped me through the crack breakdown and he is great.

She would prob never know I told him. Just pondering. I might just talk to my doctor about it and get his input.

Damned alcohol. It's funny that I was thinking this morning about the expression "brutally honest", and how that can easily turn into being cruel depending on the situatuon.

I think I'll email my doctor and chat with him. He always responds so we'll see.

Thanks guys

Comment

SISTER UPDATE

I would talk to the doctor. If she finds out and gets angry, she will get over it. Especially if it gets her sober. In fact, she will probably be more angry at herself.
                      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

SISTER UPDATE

Hi Ann!

I agree, I'm sure the doctor already KNOWS...but you could use the pretense that you are talking about yourself, and just mention you see the same signs in your sister. That way IF she finds out (which I doubt) you can always say you were talking about your own situation!

Even if she were to be honest with the Doctor, she'd still have to make the necessary changes and that won't happen until SHE is ready. I know it's hard to sit back and watch.

I'm sending you strength :l

K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

SISTER UPDATE

EMAIL TODAY

I sent her an email that said she can be angry if she wants to , and that she can tell me to mind my own business and I will.
                          I said that Vytorin ( which she is trying to blame) causes elevated LFTs in 1.5 % of people, and those values are about 3 x normal. Hers were way higher than that. I said that the doctor is not saying that drinking is an issue them she should find a new doctor.

So the jig is up. I would predict she will respong in her nasty smart ass way, but I really don't care. Frankly I get tired of people acting like everything is fine and it is not. I grew up in that bullshit and it serves no purpose.

Also emailed my doctor and waiting for his response.

After that I am done

Comment

SISTER UPDATE

I agree....I would do anything to save one of my loved ones
                            good luck!
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

SISTER UPDATE

Good for you. Sending hopeful thoughts
                              February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Working...
                              X