X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nichau's back!

Hi all,

This is DAY FOUR for me! Hooray!

I really thought about drinking today. Instead, I went to the pantry where "my little friend" is?the Rx bottle that I drew a skull and crossbones so no one else would mistake it for something else?and now I'm relieved.

I have so much to achieve in my life...I went from "being someone" financially to working a little shit job at a Mom & Pop place. I can't even get 40 hours there, the people treat me like crap, and my soul dies a little more every day.

BUT!!! I am moving forward to get out of the hole I dug for myself, and it had to start with AL.

My goal
    is to go back to school full-time in the fall. Pretty weird, being 51 years old. But I refuse to work a crap job for chump change for the rest of my life. My other goal is to stay AF until I'm out of school, whether that be an associates, a bachelors, or a masters.

But for now, today is enough. :thumbs:
    "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Nichau's back!

Welcome back Nichau

You have a plan & 4 AF days under your belt - great!
    Don't forget about the Tool box to expand on your plan. Planning ahead helps you succeed.

What are you going to study? Education is wonderful at any age just don't let the kids get on your nerves :H

Drop in the Newbies Nest for more support.
    Wishing you the best!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Nichau's back!

Welcome back Nichau, and well done on four days sober......the hardest is nearly over.

Good plan for the future

Comment

Nichau's back!

Hi Nichau and welcome Back Too!!

4 days is really good- you're almost one week down...

I'm fifty one as well and would love to join you on your journey of newness. So much to explore here without the crutch of AL holding me up...

Stay close, :h

:l
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Nichau's back!

Welcome back! 4 days is great - and it sounds like you have a wonderful plan! We will be here to cheer you on
          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Nichau's back!

Welcome back...I missed your little froggy! Glad to see you've come back to us :h
            Four days is great, and the hardest part is over in my opinion. Stick close to us...we'll help you get through the rough spots!

K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Nichau's back!

Welcome back Sweetie!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nichau's back!

Thanks all!
                "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Comment

Working...
                X