Army Thread Thursday 2nd May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JackieClaire;1500179 wrote: ...........................emerges from bedroom...........tattered and tired......................but..........gulp.
    ................ I survived gripping 6 Euro, 30 Costa Rican Colons
    and a 20p piece in me sweaty paw.

Oh and a cardi that I thought I'd lost.
    :wow: Holy feck! What happened to the rest of the Costa Ricans? Are they buried in the back garden? And why did ya keep their colons?!

Comment

Zenstyle;1500182 wrote: :wow: Holy feck! What happened to the rest of the Costa Ricans? Are they buried in the back garden? And why did ya keep their colons?!
      :H:H:H Snort.

That's the name of their currency.

Try to imagine 30 16/17 year olds sniggering every time they spent some.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:H:H:H
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1500184 wrote: :H:H:H Snort.

That's the name of their currency.

Try to imagine 30 16/17 year olds sniggering every time they spent some.
          Nae feckin wunner they sniggered! I'm sniggering meself! :H

Comment

During his physical examination, a doctor asked a retired man about his physical activity level.
            The man said he spent 3 days a week, every week, in the outdoors.
            "Well, yesterday afternoon was typical.
            I took a five-hour walk, about 7 miles, through some pretty-rough terrain.
            I waded along the edge of a lake. I pushed my way through 2 miles of brambles.
            I got sand in my shoes and my eyes.
            I avoided standing on a snake.
            I climbed several rocky hills.
            I took a few 'leaks' behind some big trees.
            I ran away from a pissed off mother bear, and then ran away from one angry bull Elk.
            The mental stress of it all left me shattered.
            At the end of it all I drank eight beers and a tall glass of bourbon".

Amazed by the story, the doctor said, "You must be one hell of an outdoors man!"
            "No," the guy replied, "I'm just a really shitty golfer".

Comment

Ach Mollers... it sucks when yer Wans Indoors are in a bad mood... :l:l:l Just try and ignore them and concentrate on your own wee sphere of happiness...

What kinds of plants did you get? I can't believe what I picked up in Costco yesterday... big feckin plants for $12 each... bargain.

Comment

There ya are, Molls.

Going to work in the morning, the drugs seem to finally kicked some bottom.

Doing exact same thing this weekend. Going to Garden Centre and getting down to sticking some plants in.

Oh Tips, need to borrow your gardener. Just a bit of lawn mowing. Tuesdays would be good. Give him a packed lunch.

If anyone sees Juja, I'm still waiting for her resume.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1500207 wrote:
                  Oh Tips, need to borrow your gardener. Just a bit of lawn mowing. Tuesdays would be good. Give him a packed lunch.
                  :H:H:H

Comment

mollyka;1500212 wrote: Hiya Jacks - I'm afraid Joe did one better than you today - he managed to get Joey to literally empty his room (bout 6 black bags of shite) and clean from top to bottom --- all done when I got home - holy shit - every room is nearly clean now!!!
                    Wow!! What the divil is his secret?

I've got the conservatory to go and that's about it.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I've just looked up how much 30 colons are in English money. 4 pence. Ooooh tie me down before I run riot.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1500210 wrote: Oh I know that Zens - tbh I think I put THEM in the glums - I came in a misery guts
                        I just got flowers - margheritas which I'll divide and take cuttings off - and white geraniums and petunias - I love white plants - oh and white lobelia -- and two big pots for just white things.
                        And tomatoes and herbs - have to wait till the daffs are finished till I get them planted tho.
                        Ach well then... as long as it was you that caused it! :H

I've been thinking about growing some tomatoes and herbs meself. Is it hard to keep up with?

Comment

JackieClaire;1500215 wrote: I've just looked up how much 30 colons are in English money. 4 pence. Ooooh tie me down before I run riot.
                          Jaysus... body parts are cheap in Costa Rica...

Comment

Zenstyle;1500217 wrote: Jaysus... body parts are cheap in Costa Rica...
                            :H:H
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1500219 wrote:
                              Nah - a bit of organic feed every now and again - and when we're awash with tomatoes at the end of the summer I usually make tomato chutney - you can make that even with green ones - herbs are a doddle - we've lettuce and peas going already
                              Do you have a plot for that lot? Or are they in raised beds? I'd have to do a raised bed if I'm going to tackle growing owt. Lettuce would be smashing... hadn't thought of that. We have salad every night at the mo and it would be great to grow my own.

Comment

Ahh I'd love a proper veggie garden. My Dad's was bliss.
                                Our soil is just too full of clay. We get decent runner beans and roses but everything else has to be done in pots.

Now listen, who the feck would have thought that we would all be sitting here talking about gardening when we were up to our ear holes in booze just a while ago?
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X