Army Thread Thursday 2nd May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, got myself some inspiration (my homework tasks were a good idea, as it turns out haha) back in the game.

and Reccie: feel free to post some girls, bisexualness rocks xD Am I awful?
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

mollyka;1500339 wrote: Have you decided what way you are going to do it? Well you did do it before, so you know you can -- I'm guessing they must have seen a fair bit of commitment from you to leave it up to yourself like that - I never had a detox as such - the first time I ever went to my doctor he didn't know my form so he gave me librium for about a week in case of withdrawals, but I didn't really need them - never had w/d's as such, just sorta shaky hands after a bad binge - but the librium was a fairly painless way of doing it I reckon.
      Again not sure of the system in the UK, but I do know they didn't detox you in Aiseiri, you had to either be detoxed beforehand somehow, or be AF for a period of a week before they'd take you in so I'm guessing most people did it at home
      Well...I was thinking of reducing by about 20% each week which is nowhere near as ambitious as the counsellor's initial suggestion of 10% each day, but I reckon as long as there's progress from one appointment to the next they'll be satisfied. It's not the physical withdrawals that worry me, it's learning to live without alcohol that's the issue. There's so much time to fill and I don't have the energy levels to keep myself occupied all day. And then there's the sleep thing again.

Comment

Mollers... Comfort food for dinner in this weather... pot roast with oniony gravy and some interestink spices, fingerling spuds, neeps and carrots and corn on the cob.

Re detox... they didn't detox you in the rehab I went to either. I was the only one that hadn't been to feckin detox first... my first few days were miserable! What I know of detox, from the rest of the inmates, is that they make you very comfortable. They usually have you on a benzo of some description and they feed you well and make sure you have lots to drink. Detox actually sounds quite nice! Lots of telly, staff on call, and some group sessions. Not sure about over there. The folk at rehab looked back at detox fondly... lol

Comment

Recluse;1500346 wrote: Well...I was thinking of reducing by about 20% each week which is nowhere near as ambitious as the counsellor's initial suggestion of 10% each day, but I reckon as long as there's progress from one appointment to the next they'll be satisfied. It's not the physical withdrawals that worry me, it's learning to live without alcohol that's the issue. There's so much time to fill and I don't have the energy levels to keep myself occupied all day. And then there's the sleep thing again.
          Mmmmm.... Weyalll... I kinda said it's a life change, not just quitting... :l It all goes hand in hand... getting some new interests, cutting back on the grog, being a bit more active every day and building yourself back up... ya know what I mean... X

Comment

OK, I'm making waaay too much here. Inchy, Pingu, Reccy... want to come over for nosh?!

Comment

pingu1997;1500341 wrote: aww masterchef, my fave won

pleased to hear that people are making good progress with stuff

we all get there in the end?

I;m entered for grade 3 cello in a few wks..
              Drat...didn't realise Masterchef was on. One of my favourite programs.

You seem to be making lots of progress with the cello...well done!

InChains;1500345 wrote:
              Ok, got myself some inspiration (my homework tasks were a good idea, as it turns out haha) back in the game.

and Reccie: feel free to post some girls, bisexualness rocks xD Am I awful?
              Oh...are you bisexual inchy? I hadn't realised or maybe you did mention it previously and I'd forgotten.

Comment

reccy: can relate to the not knowing what to do minus booze, I haven't done adult life sober yet, I'm not enjoying the quit but I am really freaking out about living sober more than anything else.

Zen: detox sounds rather lovely... somebody hook me up with that? xD

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Haha,yes I am indeed bisexual, male partner who is also bisexual, we're an odd pair xD

and what ya making zen?

Comment

mollyka;1500358 wrote: Hey --- COME HERE!!!! ----- What about MEEEEEEEEEEE:upset::H
                    yeah do we not have a gob on us ?????

Comment

Zenstyle;1500351 wrote: OK, I'm making waaay too much here. Inchy, Pingu, Reccy... want to come over for nosh?!
                      On my way zenners!

mollyka;1500355 wrote:
                      Nah, not awful at all - frankly I think lots of people could be bisexual without ever admitting it to themselves ---

20% a week - if you can DO it - that's brilliant, but it does make it a long time to have to be so disciplined.
                      Learning to live without it - that's a different matter altogether - and shit, it does take time - and it seems like a vicious circle - exactly what you say, too much time and no energy - the energy really does return quite quickly tho - enthusiasm for doing things - that takes longer - I do think that's what makes it very hard at the beginning - having patience with yourself and your body and mind to heal - and believing that it will happen. I really never knew that there was soooo much more to this than putting down the drink - but I also didn't know that if I left the drink down that the rest falls into place mostly on it's own --- but it does take a few months..... BUT IT DOES HAPPEN!!!!
                      Now when I mentioned the librium time I'd forgotten that he also gave me sleeping tablets - which I do think were invaluable to get me through the early days -- they were anti-meds of any kind in Aiseiri and I was ready to agree with them that time, but deffo at the beginning back in 2009 I really would have found it very difficult to deal with not sleeping as well as everything else. I'm sure your doctor would give you some when you've cut the alcohol down to the stage that the sleep is bad??
                      That was a helpful post molly. Re the sleep, I do have a prescription for sleeping pills, but nothing I've ever tried works. The counsellor said to just wait until I'm tired and the sleep will come naturally and that does kind of make sense, so we'll see.

Comment

:bedtime: you young things can faff around there - - this 21 year old in a 50 + VAT year old body is orf to the leaba.
                        Up at sparrow fart tomorrow for the gym :wavin:

Comment

mollyka;1500358 wrote: Hey --- COME HERE!!!! ----- What about MEEEEEEEEEEE:upset::H
                          satz123;1500362 wrote:
                          yeah do we not have a gob on us ?????
                          Jaysus Mary and all things Hunky Dory... I thought yiz had already kewked yer dinners! Come on and all... the more the merrier! We can watch a fillum after, nosh on popcorn, yap, and have to watch the fillum again as we didn't take in one bit of it...

I have to nip to Cheryl's... will check backinabit if anyone's aroon...

Comment

mollyka;1500363 wrote: Oirish girls UNITE!!! Her grub sounds well good too!!!
                            Have you booked your holiday yet? Are ye going to do the two weeks or what's the story?
                            Just one week Molls .......

Comment

I'll still be here zen haha

Comment

satz123;1500366 wrote: :bedtime: you young things can faff around there - - this 21 year old in a 50 + VAT year old body is orf to the leaba.
                                Up at sparrow fart tomorrow for the gym :wavin:
                                Off to google the rate of VAT in Ireland...

Night satzy

Comment

Working...
                                X