Hilarious Places you hid your bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long ago, there was a post here about places where folks hid their bottles. It was hilarious. Would anyone be willing to share ? :H
    Meow-Meow
    MonaKitty

I never hid my bottles but I definitely wondered what the garbage men thought of me on recycling day! Almost my whole bin was empty bottles of AL (and I drank hard liquor not beer so the amount of bottles was enough to kill a normal person)
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

I wrapped them in newspaper and then put them in grocery bags and put them in the litter bins outside the mall (after dark).
      Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
      If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
      November 2, 2012

Comment

I never hid bottles but this is a bit funny. I used to bowl once a week (many years ago). Just about everyone brought alcohol to drink(some of course drank more than others). I would put a mickey in my shoe bag. The last time I had bowled league I was diapering an infant as well so had left a diaper and a shot left in the mickey in the shoe bag. Fast forward 10 years or more and going to a church bowling get together. Open the bag and there lies the extra diaper and mickey! A bit uncomfortable for me and shocker to those that observed, but oh well.
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Im with Red, I never did hide them, but, there was so many cans in the trash bags, it sounded like a freaking beer can factory going full steam ahead..............:H

Its almost impossible to hide that "pssssssssst" noise the cans make when you open them up anyway.
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

My laundry basket

The bin for clean towels

Anywhere else I didn't think my husband would find them
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

I hid vodka and later, wine, in a hairspray bottle I hid in my purse. I also hid wine in my shoe rack, and in my file drawers. I also hid it in the lining of my suitcase. Those weren't the days....Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Pockets of coats hanging up in the closet, the space between books on a shelf and the wall, the space behind a dresser drawer, underneath pieces of furniture, an empty laptop bag and an empty duffel, etc. Whatever it took to stay one step ahead of my wife.
                In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Always changing hiding places --- too bad I sometimes hid them from my sober self, only to find them later at inconvenient/embarrassing times!!! Secrecy and lying are probably the things that bothered me most of all and I'm so glad to be DONE WITH THAT!

Comment

A glass of wine poured in my coffee cup !:H
                    Meow-Meow
                    MonaKitty

Comment

I didn't hide the bottles, I just didn't tell my mom when I went out for a couple (which was a few every now and then when I was drinking when I would go for a couple). I told her I went for walks or something other than going to the bar to have a couple of beers.

Glad those days are done. Now I tell when I do go out even if its just for a couple of sodas/na beers.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

DriftyAlison0;1500478 wrote: Glad those days are done. Now I tell when I do go out even if its just for a couple of sodas/na beers.
                        Pretty soon after my dad died, my mom and I went to his favorite fish camp restaurant (for those of you unfamiliar this this type of establishment, it's an open-air bar/seafood restaurant located on a body of water). She was a bit taken aback when I ordered an O'Douls (she didn't realize it was non-alcoholic beer) and asked me if I had really stopped drinking. I had to explain that had I NOT stopped drinking, I never would have ordered a real beer in her presence, I would have just snuck off to the bar and chugged one.
                        In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

I would hide them in my rucksac, sneak them out later on. My biggest problem was recycling, I'd just fill the boxes so quickly. As a result I used to take them either to the boot of my car, or put them in skip bins nearby. On the way back from places I'd find a recycling centre and unload the boot.
                          I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

I never hid bottles. They just went into my recycling bin (very large in CA). But, my proudest moment was hiding wine in my kid's sippy cup at a carnival. That could be on the cringe worthy thread (may already be there).

Comment

I am sure it has been done before Shelby !
                              Meow-Meow
                              MonaKitty

Comment

Working...
                              X