Hilarious Places you hid your bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an out-of-town guest coming in tonight and had to clean out the guest room. In the past, the guest room is where I would retreat and drink myself into a stupor. It was even a surprise to me some of the places where I came across empty bottles. It was almost like an Easter egg hunt of sorts. A very sad, pathetic Easter egg hunt.
    In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Oh well Alky, at least your guest won't run into the bottles.
      I wish someone knew how to recycle threads, the one I am speaking of was hilarious and book worthy !
      Meow-Meow
      MonaKitty

Comment

MonaCat;1502252 wrote: Oh well Alky, at least your guest won't run into the bottles.
        I wish someone knew how to recycle threads, the one I am speaking of was hilarious and book worthy !
        Is this the one mona?

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ide-48194.html

Here's another (non-MWO) link on the same subject:

Hiding Bottles

Comment

During the day I would usually hide the bottle and the glass in my bedroom just in case anyone came to the door & just in case anyone came into the house!!! My hiding place was my wardrobe and I'd tuck the open bottle & full glass on the shelf under my hanging clothes. Got a bit messy at times!! Occasionally, if I was feeling "safe" and didnt expect to be interrupted, I would just "position" it strategically behind the kettle, teapot, box of cornflakes, food mixer or in the pan cupboard. This became a little challenging when I would forget where I'd put it and then would search around frantically before the husband came home from work!!!! Haaaaa the relief of not having to worry about that now...life is much easier!!!
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Not really hillarious, unless you find paranoia kind of funny, but I used to sweat my wife thinking I was "drinking" too much (sigh...like she didnt know lol) So on the way home from work I would pick up some Chu-hi strong zeros. For those of you wondering what they are, they sell them here in Japan. Cheap and packs a whallop at about 8 percent alcohol a piece. No sugar either! Seemed like more bang for you buck than beer, and way cheaper so I was all over it!

Problem is they come in cans, like small and tall boys. Another problem..in Japan, living off base, they have a different type of trash that goes out every day of the week. So cans would be ONCE a week. I couldnt very well fill up the trash can at my consumption rate, cause wife would know I was drinking all those. Sooo, like I said earlier I would buy 6..3 tall boys, 3 small boys. Two I would take in the house, three I would strategically place in the pockets of my GI style backpack. I would come home with exactly 2 she could see in the shopping bag, and 3 +1 hidden in the backpack. Wife never went into my backpack that I noticed, If she did I would be screwed for sure!

To start, I would crack open one of my "two" a night at the computer. Go downstairs for a "smoke", go to car trunk, get tall boy Chu-Hi number 1, chug, have smoke. Up stairs to casually enjoy chu-hi number 2 (er one...)

Downstairs in about an hour to chug chu-hi tall boy number 3...ok gotta be careful now, Ive had 2 tall boys and a 12 oz less than 2 hours...about time for chu-hi number 2 casually (actually number 4)..had to watch what I was doing by that point cause I might be slurring by this time..lol. smoke again and "enjoy" chu-hi number 5..while chu-hi number 2 is upstairs getting warm...Ok, you get me..it confuses me as well, but I had the system down to a science and managed to pull it off EVERY DAMN DAY for 6 months...

The cans...oh man, I had a backpack full of empty cans I would have to dispose of in the morning. NO place to put them around my house. Couldnt very well put them in the convineince store trash, because I didnt want people to see me putting that many cans in the trash, lol. Drive to base...find a trash can where nobody is around...deposit cans. Not always easy, and would probably look like a complete jack ass or drunk! (heaven forbid I look like I have a drinking problem!) Cans at the gym..cans at the car wash, cans at the softball field..cans at the base chapel (dont judge me! lol). Some days I would forget to dump the cans and would have TWO days worth of empty cans in my back pack. Sometimes I would put the back down on my way out the door for work and hear an aluminum crunch and cringe, lol. Weekends were the worst becuase sometimes I would have even more. Only problem with that? MORE DAMN CANS to get rid of! And having to find an excuse to go to base on the weekend to get rid of them (I live about 25 minutes away). But I would just return with more Chu-hi's, lol. It was neverending! LOL.

Anyways, I sure am glad that cycle of paranoia is finally broken! In hindsite, it sure was a whole hell of a lot of trouble just for a buzz. How stupid I feel now!

Comment

My closet, my drawers, poured into mouthwash bottles, in laundry baskets, within the fireplace logs, couch and chair recesses, outside in the woods, on the back porch in chairs and barbecue, down the driveway on the side of the road in weeds, in the garage behind cans and jars of paint, in the garbage under other garbage.

I often wonder how many bottles are around waiting to be found.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I never had to hide anything because I had nobody to answer to. The only eyes I had to avoid were my own in the mirror.
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Rip557;1502380 wrote: Not really hillarious, unless you find paranoia kind of funny, but I used to sweat my wife thinking I was "drinking" too much (sigh...like she didnt know lol) So on the way home from work I would pick up some Chu-hi strong zeros. For those of you wondering what they are, they sell them here in Japan. Cheap and packs a whallop at about 8 percent alcohol a piece. No sugar either! Seemed like more bang for you buck than beer, and way cheaper so I was all over it!
                  Chu-hai's - what a blast from the past. I worked for the Okinawa Prefectural Government 1995-1996. Chu-hai's were too sweet for me (the Japanese/Okinawan girls I dated were really into them, though). Fortunately for me, during nights of hard drinking, after the grocery store down the street from me closed, there was a beer vending machine conveniently located just a few steps away from the house I was renting. I hear the beer and cigarette vending machines in Japan are now a thing of the past, though. I was single guy at the time, so I didn't really have anyone to answer to when I'd set the 2-3 garbage bags full of empty cans out on the street on recycling day.
                  In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

This all sounds so familiar. I can cringe and laugh at the same time. I think I also hid my bottles in most of the same places. In closets, in suitcases, underneath my socks in the sock drawer, in various bushes outside etc, etc.

When I lived in our previous house, I was getting the basement painted and part of the paneled wall was covering an alcove. The painter discovered that it was used as a hiding place for vodka empties. There were about 40 bottles in there. The bottles were from the previous owner, but I remember thinking how embarrassed I would have been if hey were mine.

I've also figured out sneeky ways to drink more while out. I remember on more than a few occasions, not wanting to look like I had too much to drink in front of people in a restaurant or at a wedding. I would excuse to myself to "use the restroom" and instead order a drink at the bar and gulp it down and return to the table like nothing happened. I also became quite adept at walking to the back if the plane on trips, ordering a drink, gulping it down while my husband was napping. Ugh! If only I could have used my "cleverness" for good and not destructive behavior. So much time and energy spent conniving and planning instead of being present to conversation, good food and good experiences.

Comment

The neighbors trash
                      In my closet under clothes stacked in a hamper (Only I did laundry)
                      Under the bed aligned with the wall where the headboard was
                      On top of the fridge behind big boxed of oatmeal (since only I ate it)
                      Shooters on top shelves, pockets in my coats, under bathroom sink in tampon box (you know, because showering without Vodka made no sense!)
                      Wrapped up in paper towels to stop clinking...much
                      Gatorade bottles
                      OUTSIDE IN THE DOG HOUSE (Wtf was I doing?!)
                      In my shoes
                      Refill bottles and cans in the shed to replace ones drank from fridge to make it look like I had only a few the night before. I remember counting one morning and there were 20 beers from an 18 pack bought and I said I drank 4. Hmmmmm....
                      "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."-- Judy Garland

Comment

Working...
                      X