Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Friday 3rd May

Good morning army

Looks like we're in for another pleasant day, weather-wise. It's hard to believe how much the temperature has changed in the space of one month.

I'm sitting here browsing through Hugh's Three Good Things on a Plate and planning food for the next couple of days before heading off to Sainsbury's a bit later. I'll prolly try and get a bit of housework done too....nothing overly ambitious, you understand.

A fair few of you will be pleased it's Friday and looking forward to the long weekend. Have a great day everyone, whether you're working or not.

Good morning Reccie and all to come.

Pouring with rain here. Just very grateful that I don't have to commute today. Mrs. T has arranged to work at her company's Stellenbosch office today, so she's also happy.

Enjoy your shopping, Wrecks. I must also get ready to leave.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning tips

What does mrs t do?

Comment

Hiya Reccie and Tippers,
        yeah i'm looking forward to my weekends, i only work weds, thurs, friin my new job, whoooo! with the odd relief shift in another job for money, but lots more spare time
        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Morning mr t, recluse ,LPC & everyone else who wobbles in to here this morning.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Morning molly :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi pinky, molly and mario

Glad you're hoping for a nice day at work today molly.

How's your arthritis these days, mario?

Comment

mollyka;1500514 wrote: This time exactly 31 yrs ago, me and Joe were crashing every traffic light on our way into the Rotunda to have our first very precious little baby boy --- and he's still every bit as precious today --- life is amazing isn't it!!!! Gawd I was such a kid - how did ANYONE let me loose with a baby!!!!
                Think I'm in trouble here with my lappie - batteries dead and the plug in bit is erratic about it's plugability :-) Feck - could do without the expense right now!
                Molls if ya have a wee look online u can normally get batterrys and chargers for laptops cheaper than in the shops, but ensure u put ur exact make and model in and check the website is a one that won't rip u off
                I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

morning all, swinging by to see how ya'll are, friday is my hump day (because I'm different... and I work saturdays :'() but hope everybody else enjoys their long weekends. Back this evening

-inchy
                  I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Good morning Reccybear, Tipperoooo, Pinkles, Marioooooooooooo, Mollymoo,

Happy Birthday to son of Molls and Joe. Been up all night making this.

I am absolutely sure we have a birthday in the Army this month if not this week. It's Tips and I cannot for the life of me remember when.

Ooh and Molls, battery is an essential buy like bread and milk.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1500519 wrote: I have tried for a battery online Pinky - and yeah, they are a bit cheaper, but it would still cost bout 130 euros - haven't checked for the charger but I'm guessin it'd be expensive too - so add all that up I'm half way to a spanking new laptop ---- I dunno - I've turned into a bit of a squirrel these days, buying things that I know I won't be able to buy when Joe's no longer working -- ya know - nice bedcovers, shedloads of coffee capsules, clothes!!!!!!! So may ponder on the lappie --- it's not like I don't use it:H:H Will goggle the charger in the meantime (nearly HOPING it's ridiculously expensive and will just HAVE to go shopping with Jilly for a beauty IN THREE WEEKS!!!!)
                      ha ha , what u like x
                      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

mollyka;1500514 wrote: This time exactly 31 yrs ago, me and Joe were crashing every traffic light on our way into the Rotunda to have our first very precious little baby boy --- and he's still every bit as precious today --- life is amazing isn't it!!!! Gawd I was such a kid - how did ANYONE let me loose with a baby!!!!
                        Think I'm in trouble here with my lappie - batteries dead and the plug in bit is erratic about it's plugability :-) Feck - could do without the expense right now!
                        It must be a tremendous responsibility to bring up a baby molly, especially at such a young age. Have you got a celebration planned for him?

Arggh...it's not great timing having your laptop play up just before the weekend. Pinky's advice is good advice if you're willing to wait for delivery.

Comment

Oops that was a bit of an xpost. Morning inchy and Jackie :hallo:

Comment

What make/model is your laptop molly? Batteries arren't normally that expensive. I'll have a look if you like?

Comment

Gawd Molls I was 30 when I had Jenz. Was scared to put her down anywhere in case I lost her.

I've met your boy and he's delight.

Marning Inchy.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X